1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2016-17 NHL season running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Oct 10, 2016.

1. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

Fuck hockey.

2. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Not sure what Trotz could have done to make Holtby not shit the bed.

3. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Some of it might be playing too aggressively. The D has allowed a lot of open shots and breakaways. Didn't see that against Toronto.

Maybe you just have to credit the Penguins.

4. JC

JC Well-Known Member

They dominated the first than Holtby went south. I'm not saying Trotz isnt culpable but what did you see last night that you would put directly on Trotz.

5. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Not directly, no. Plenty of blame to go around. When they didn't score in the first period, I knew they were toast. Dominated almost all of the possession and chances and had two power plays and got bubkas. They got into their own heads at that point.

6. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Valuing the Kark Alzner's and Brooks Orpik's of the world doesn't help.

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Fleury is simply playing much better than Holtby. Along with Crosby, he has been the difference in the first two games. I'm not sure how that is Trotz's fault.

8. JC

JC Well-Known Member

I still don't think it's over. Fleury is bound to remember he's Fleury for at least one or two games.

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

That is certainly possible. He had a rough outing in the first round when it seemed he might falter.

That said, Fleury has ability and he has had great playoff runs before. Granted, that was a long time ago, but he played very well on two teams that reached the Stanley Cup Finals, including the one that won the title in 2009.

10. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

The biggest goat, honestly, is Shattenkirk. He's been a special kind of shit, especially last night.

JC likes this.
  11. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I get the feeling nobody really likes him. ... except Ms. Ragu. She loves the local Rangers homers, Sam Rosen (who is lovable) and Joe Micheletti ("Boy, oh, boy, Sam, that was a heckova play.") On the national NBCSN games, she gets genuinely upset when it comes on and we get something other than Doc Emrick and Pierre McGuire. I love Emrick's enthusiasm. McGuire creeps me out. His actual first name is Regis. ... I think it works better for him. "And now to Regis, between the glass."[/QUOTE]
    I have worked in hockey for more than 15 years, over that time have encountered loads of prominent players, coaches, GMs, executives and broadcasters....McGuire is the only one of those people who ever talked down to me.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2017
    HC likes this.
  12. Fly

Fly Well-Known Member

Instant Rod Allen Second Deck

I've talked down to you plenty, brother! :)

Huggy likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted