1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Finally, a argument in favor of marijuana

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, Aug 6, 2016.

1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Legalizing pot may be the most vacuous expression of Millenial politics there is. Although if the Feds would ok growing it everywhere, it could maybe replace some of those vanishing mining jobs in Kentucky, West Va., and the like.

2. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

As Gen-Xer, I couldn't disagree more. Young adults should participate in politics and choose issues as they see fit. They are not beholden to previous generations in how they choose to express their political will.
    I disagreed with them in 2012, when they helped Obama win: http://www.politico.com/story/2012/11/study-youth-vote-was-decisive-083510
    This time I agree with them deciding to continue a trend that began in 1996 as the country moves closer to eliminate a long-standing, expensive and bad policy.

FileNotFound likes this.
  3. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

I have long believed that by 2020, the federal prohibition against pot will be dropped and it will be instead be subsidized by the federal government as a way to help struggling tobacco farmers save their farms.

4. dixiehack

At the risk of sounding docquant-ish, if there was ever a cash crop in no need of government subsidy it is marijuana.

Inky_Wretch and three_bags_full like this.
  5. dixiehack

Regardless of how you feel about marijuana this is just a fascinating story.

Georgia lawmaker deals cannabis oil in shadows of the law

Inky_Wretch and three_bags_full like this.
  6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

When I was a young'un we used to make ounce cake. Couldn't afford pound cake.

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Sex on LSD while backpacking, however, is not recommended. Just stick to watching the meteor shower.

8. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Man, this notification made me go back through this thread, and I made reference to the "weed college" line and posted the clip later. Something must be affecting my memory.

Draft saved Draft deleted