1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

More Cuts at ESPN

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Doc Holliday, Mar 7, 2017.

1. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

"Snark" should occasionally be entertaining. Another word you obviously can't define accurately

2. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Oh you're a comic. Got it

3. Fredrick

Fredrick Well-Known Member

You hit on something here. I talked to some fans who told me they can't even tell you who broke a story cause everybody has it within an hour max of each other. And they do not care. The only people who care, and there are a few of these, are the ones who used to be in journalism or wanted to be in journalism and never got a job cause they are hard to come by. The only people who care about scoops are those scorned by the profession who still follow such things or ones who got laid off and are in other jobs but still follow archaic things like 'who got it first.'

HanSenSE likes this.
  4. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

If I wanted to talk to talk to myself, I wouldn't be on a message board.

TyWebb and QYFW like this.
  5. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday Well-Known Member

Haven't played foosball since the '70s when I used to go the Minute Man for burgers with my Grandpa.

6. SnarkShark

I don't think you should preach about defining words -- along with grammar and punctuation -- considering your performance on this thread.

7. Doc Holliday

You can say that a show is hosted by all black or all white or all females without being racist or sexist. It's simply an observation, in this instance an astute one at that, considering the advertising dollars at play and the audience such hosts would be geared to engage. It says a lot about the demographic ESPN is reaching and where the spending dollars are coming from.

CD Boogie likes this.
  8. SnarkShark

You're responding to an imaginary post.

9. Doc Holliday

Actually, you are.

CD Boogie likes this.
  10. SnarkShark

You took this as an innocuous observation?

He's not simply observing that the hosts are black. He is saying "all-black" SportsCenter isn't a "winning formula."

Did this really need to be spelled out? Jesus.

TyWebb and Just the facts ma am like this.
  11. Doc Holliday

There's a lot of observations on this message board. You can turn many of them into something racist or sexist if you want to. Looks like he was making an observation to me. Man, the Libtards sure think the white man is out to get them these days. Sad way to live.

CD Boogie likes this.
  12. Doc Holliday

Draft saved Draft deleted