1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL 2017 off-season thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by LongTimeListener, Jan 24, 2017.

1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Probably. But if they're still doing it and it keeps them off harder painkillers, that's a very good outcome regardless.

2. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

I agree, but if it keeps them from taking pain pills, I'm all for it.

3. da man

da man Well-Known Member

I was just addressing YF's post that suggested not playing football would cause people to "skip the weed."

4. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

YF needs to stay off football threads. :)

5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Man, a lot of these ex-players at the podium are walking billboards for CTE. Not sure The Shield thought this through.

6. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

But Drew Pearson and Willie Brown were great.

7. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Truth. Not just in football, but all workplaces. Had to take a drug test for a holiday gig with an Illinois-based company. I live in California. I don't do pot, but a lot of people applying for work did and had to take the test a time or two to get the result that let them work, even with the proper ID. Calls for a nationwide standard, but we're not going to get that in today's political climate for quite a while.

8. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

9. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

"Mitch Trubinsky" sounds like the name of a fairly grumpy, balding insurance agent in State Farm's Kankakee office.

QYFW and dixiehack like this.
  10. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Broncos and Jamaal Charles agree to 1 year-3.5 million dollar contract.
    O/U: Week 5
    I'll take under.

11. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

I don't know. If they just have him as the change-of-pace and third-down back, maybe he extends his career a couple seasons.

12. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I agree that's a possibility and worth the limited risk for the Broncos, but I'm not optimistic it'll work.

Draft saved Draft deleted