1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

More Cuts at ESPN

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Doc Holliday, Mar 7, 2017.

1. cisforkoke

cisforkoke Well-Known Member

And vigilantes.

2. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

This directed at me?

3. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday Well-Known Member

Completely agree. 100% correct.

4. cisforkoke

Except we know from the experts here that the quality and content of programming don't matter. Cord cutters -- they decide it all.

5. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Nope. Referring to people posting things that might benefit from a second read (and some advice).

6. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Think there's a few of those.

7. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

I think it is one of the better talk shows ESPN has. I don't watch ESPN talk shows a lot because I can't stand "shit-stirring carnival barkers" like Stephen A. Smith. I think Hill and Smith are two well-informed people trying to produce a fair and thoughtful show. I am not sure fair and thoughtful works today in the sports talk genre, irregardless of the race of the host.

8. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday Well-Known Member

I can't even watch ESPN. I will watch College Game Day, Baseball Tonight, and maybe a baseball game once in a while, also a couple of college football games a week during season. Other than that, I don't even flip by it.

However, I do find myself watching episodes of Flip or Flop daily. Also, there's now Flip or Flop Las Vegas, although it's not as good the original Flip or Flop. Together they both satisfy my entertainment needs much more than ESPN has in at least a decade. Thank God for HGTV.

9. cisforkoke

Did you find yourself playing foosball in the student lounge more than once?

10. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

You may be the least self-aware person on this entire board. Just because you say you aren't something doesn't make it so. That's not how the world works.

Donny in his element likes this.
  11. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

I dunno. Did espn roll it out as something usual? No they did not...

. You guys read so much into general sociological commentary; falsely. I'm trying to have a genuine discussion about issues that are potentially incendiary and the mere mention of them sends you into a tizzy.

12. cisforkoke

Not to sound vigilantish, but why didn't you start with this?

Also, you know that no matter what you say, you'll have the same group lecturing you. Right?

Draft saved Draft deleted