1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

More Cuts at ESPN

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Doc Holliday, Mar 7, 2017.

1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Add NBA reporter Marc Stein to the victims' list (I think Deadspin and Awful Announcing are keeping lists) ... and the Twitterverse is not happy.

2. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

I don't think podcasts have cannibalized that much. But how many times have you gone to the internet and watched a highlight that 20 years ago a fan would have watched on SportsCenter?

HanSenSE likes this.
  3. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

An all black SC at 6 pm. I think clay Travis is a shit stirring carnival barker, but who thought this was a winning formula? Ya can't say such things without being accused of being a racist or a sexist, but no one asked for these two. Their popularity has been foisted on people.

4. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Good talk shows are good talk shows, regardless of the race of the hosts. I've seen terrible shows with two white hosts.

That said, I haven't seen the show enough to know how good it is.

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I've missed the last 2 weeks or so and will miss much more till softball season is over.

I've watched enough episodes to say that on a scale of 1 to 10 it's usually between 5 and 6 in quality, some days a 7 or 8.

6. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

This is so you.

SnarkShark likes this.
  7. CD Boogie

Yes it is. Honest and unapologetic -- not racist and sexist or worried I'm gonna offend some thin-skinned idiot. So sod off, ya trump humper. Until ya cite actual evidence of me being racist or sexist -- not some moron's definition of each, which is what you get from @TyWebb or @fartshart (@SnarkShark) -- you're the twit on this board who makes it his life's work to make apologies for a guy who brags about sexually assaulting women. You are the misogynist. Go look upon the actual definition, Steinbrenner. And share it with the other morons, too.

You, a freaking muppet for all the vile shit that has been unleashed by the candidacy and now the presidency of Donald trump, have the audacity to disparage me as a racist and a misogynist. Fuck. You.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2017
  8. Just the facts ma am

Just the facts ma am Well-Known Member

I cite this as actual evidence you are racist.

9. CD Boogie

Then you're a moron. In fact, I think your brain has been "kidnapped." Man, people are so dumb about race and sex. I am talking purely about numbers. Who on earth decided the 6 pm viewing crowd wants to hear from Jemele and Michael? No one. It's activist programming. If they succeed and their ratings are great, then I guess I'll be proven wrong. I asked earlier how many people got purged from the undefeated in this bloodletting? Haven't heard a single name. Why? They certainly aren't moving the needle like SAS. But yeah; can't bring up these matters without being a racist..:fuck that. Now go learn the definition of kidnapping while the other mopes look up the actual definitions of their cherished buzz words

Last edited: Apr 28, 2017
  10. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Who would decide the world wanted to hear from two white people on the 6 p.m. SportsCenter? Would that be OK? Or is Jemele and Michael the only decision that would register as unusual?

11. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

This guy really just criticized "all-black" SportsCenter and gave no reason, other than the fact that it has two black anchors.

And then asked for us to "cite" evidence of his racism.

What is the bar for your racism scale? You standing next to a black guy hanging from a tree giving a thumbs up?

12. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

This place needs editors.

Doc Holliday likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted