1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What are you drinking right now?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by cjericho, Jul 21, 2016.

1. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Leo vs. Ursus Fortem, a double IPA from Firestone. Good, but Firestone's IPAs aren't as good as their stouts.

2. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

Aeronaut Brewing probably has them beat with multiple PhDs. And I don't think it is that rare that tech school graduates end up in brewing because, you know, it's about science.

3. cjericho

Won't try to debate who is smarter, but if you think it's not that rare to have tech school grads running breweries I'd love to see some more examples. I know of several good breweries founded by guys who don't have more than a year or two of college credits.

4. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

I know almost nothing about craft beers, but props to those brewers for the name "Vulgar Display of Flower.":)

5. cjericho

Magnify Headaches, a New England style double IPA.

6. cjericho

Cigar City Jai Alai. CC is in NJ now, don't have to drive to NY.

7. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Man, Jai Alai is one of my favorites.

8. cjericho

Yes, only in NJ for about a month. Six pack was 9.99, lot of places in NYC it's at least $13. Loved going to Fla and seeing CC in the 7-11.

9. Fly

Fly Well-Known Member

Knocked out a howler of a tasty all New Zealand hop IPA from Barncat Artisan Ales (Cambridge, Ontario) called Eminence earlier. Now working on clearing the cellar with a Duck Rabbit Barleywine (enjoy by December 2009), so if everything I read is correct it's from 2007-08. Still working nicely, some cardboard-y oxidation but loads of toffee and stone fruit flavor. Holding its own well over 9-10 years in the cellar.

10. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Had some Hoppin' Frog Turbo Shandy last night. It's really good and drinkable, but it's also 7% ABV - a dangerous combination.

11. cjericho

MC2, a double IPA at 8% from Equilibrium Brewing. Got a 32 oz growler from my buddy, very crushable. Going to have to visit Equilibrium soon.

12. cjericho

Baxter Bootleg Fireworks 3rd Edition. buddy gave me this, few months old, but still very good.

spikechiquet likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted