1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Assuming you haven't ignored me again, I am lucky I don't have to go through what you do in your job, and I hope you don't have to deal with what I have to at home. Some of my best friends are terrible liberals. We should all get along a little better.

2. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Wrong is wrong.

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Funk? Funky!

Funk ship? Yep!

4. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I don't get why his calling her that is racist.

5. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

It's juvenile, not racist.

6. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

It's definitely not presidential. But whoever expected him to start acting presidential once he got into office is sharing a booth with old_tony at the bar.

But seriously, does shit like this ever stop?

7. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

He's President. Ain't no stopping him now.

SnarkShark likes this.
  8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

9. cisforkoke

cisforkoke Well-Known Member

And cool is a rule. But sometimes, bad is bad.

10. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

And it is a appalling indictment of the president's character and of his party's choice of the gun lobby over the basic human dignity of suffering people. It is one thing to stay silent about Sandy Hook. There is probably a way to recognize the parents' grief while gently opining that mental illness or something other than guns is the real culprit. But to be so angry at the thought or the possibility of a backlash against beloved, sanctified, American firearms that you'd direct the vitriol at suffering people is a despicable, gratuitous act of disingenuous victimhood. And it deserves to be called out. Alex Jones is a wretched human being whose rhetoric does a massive disservice to the country and whose popularity speaks ill of his enablers.
    He got his start waving the rally towel for the militia movement. Let's not forget that one, either. And let us not forget that Trump lacks the moral conviction to repudiate the monster's comments.

11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Nothing wrong with Alex Jones that a ball bat to the head wouldn't fix.

Smallpotatoes likes this.
  12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Perhaps by not behaving like a jackass much of the time?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.