1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

You want a system that guarantees that no good teacher gets fired. He wants a system that guarantees that no bad teacher goes unfired. These priors cannot be reconciled. The system that would be set up based on your priors would be radically different from the system that would obtain based on his. Why you can't seem to grasp that is beyond me. I think you want to be intellectually honest, and I think you admire -- or at least aspire to -- intellectual honesty. But sometimes I wonder if you're actually capable of it.

2. doctorquant

You piece of ... oops.

3. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Obama disavowed the preacher's comments. Trump hasn't done the same re Jones' idiocy.

We should all denounce anybody limiting free expression.

4. tapintoamerica

I'm not saying she should have been disqualified from office by the Constitution. I'm saying the voters were right to take care of that.

5. tapintoamerica

Y
    You are right. I totally butchered that one. Guilty as charged of failing to pay attention.

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

No, he doesn't care which teachers get fired as long as teachers are being fired. I don't know why you can't grasp this. Perhaps you aren't capable of it.

I understand there is no such thing as a perfect system. Any change that leads to more teachers being fired will inevitably lead to some good ones going with the bad. That is why I believe it is important to take the time and energy to create the best set of criteria possible, not just latch on to any approach that leads to change, which is what YF has advocated.

7. doctorquant

Liar.

SnarkShark likes this.
  8. outofplace

Again, you are entitled to your incorrect opinion.

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Those are opinions. You'd only be lying if you knew your opinion was based on bad data but didn't care. Or if you were a Fox News host.

10. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

You need to get laid. Or masturbate more.

11. outofplace

The latter is something I'm sure no one has ever said to you.

12. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Stop infringing on my individual liberty!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.