1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL draft thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by QYFW, Apr 27, 2017.

1. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Yes of course. And yet they Leafed him on 13 games. Is that not fair?

2. cisforkoke

cisforkoke Well-Known Member

No. Unless Mike Glennon breaks his solar plexus (meowmeowmeow), Trubisky won't get thrown to the wolves in Week 1 like Leaf was. Also, Leaf was a tub of goo.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2017
  3. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

I do think having Glennon helps. Trubisky can, in theory, sit and learn.

4. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Agree. And if Glennon starts the first half of the year and stinks, the team's out of the playoffs anyway so Trubisky can have a longer leash.

5. JC

JC Well-Known Member

No

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I'm curious if GMs "reach" for a QB hoping that it might buy them another year. Figure if they pass on picking a QB well above their draft grade and the team is terrible, ownership is more inclined to clean house and let a new GM and QB pick the next QB. Same record but with a first-round QB eased in late in the year and you are more likely to get another year based on "potential."

7. CD Boogie

Not a convincing argument

8. CD Boogie

So he should be judged by something beyond his inability to beat any good teams?

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Teams beat teams. Quarterbacks don't do it alone.

10. cisforkoke

cisforkoke Well-Known Member

11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I have long believed this. Had to factor into picking Trubisky instead of Watson, too. Latter's gaudy college record would have fans (owners are fans) thinking he'd be ready to perform well from his first start on. Trubisky can be sold as needing time to develop.

12. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Everyone in the Falcons draft room had to have started shaking their heads when he started on the whole "Fine me......Fine me" thing.
    Deion said it best. You need to harness your emotions and get a grip.

Draft saved Draft deleted