1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL draft thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by QYFW, Apr 27, 2017.

1. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

On the ESPN home page, McShay is fluffing the Bears move. He's Kiper without the intellectual integrity Mel gets from his insanity.

3. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Jesus. I just saw this. Brutal.

I think I saw every game Akili Smith played in college. Not once did I think he'd be a good pro.

Good luck, Bears.

4. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

I know you can throw out examples of everything but Bradshaw I think only started one year and Brady shared the position with the Yankee prospect.

Glad the 49ers didn't reach for a QB and went for a solid DL with a high motor.

5. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

6. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

I hope someone tells Trubisky to avoid using handicapped parking spots ...

QYFW likes this.
  7. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

8. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Was McNabb drunk?
    I was reminded of an earlier Bears QB, Bob Avelini. But he wasn't a top draft choice.

9. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

This is why I'm not an NFL scout: Two talented receivers, Davis and Williams. One piled up stats and highlights against (mostly) MAC teams, the other faced high-level college defenders, all the way through the championship game. Yet Davis is selected before Williams.

But then, I would have taken a defensive back if I was the Bears (and not traded away three picks to get a QB the 49ers weren't going to take), so what do I know?

Tweener likes this.
  10. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Crap. Good for Christian. It was a long shot for him to drop to the mid-teens for the Broncos to go up and get him. Incredible to have followed his career since his youth football days.

11. JC

JC Well-Known Member

It was never about the Niners. There had to have been other teams trying to get into the 2 spot

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

So much for all those mock drafts. I don't think I had seen any with three receivers in the top nine picks. Andy Dalton certainly won't have any excuses with Ross providing a big-play threat opposite Green with Boyd and Eifert underneath.

Draft saved Draft deleted