1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2016-17 NHL season running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Oct 10, 2016.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Which is why I am surprised anybody would talk about sweeps or blowouts. As a Caps fan, I'd be thrilled to come away with any kind of win they can manage.

2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

3. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Said only in context of what Justin said earlier ... there was a 7-0 blowout in the regular season. Would prefer that to sweating through overtime for the sixth time in seven games. Obviously. That's all.

4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Good luck fans of both teams. Excellent first period. For a neutral, it's like an All-Star game where everyone plays for keeps.

5. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Geeze. On the one hand just the way that hit looked, I'm glad it was just a broken leg on the other that's a harsh way to have the season end for a player. And too have the break be so bad you need surgery is brutal. Hope he makes a full recovery

6. Michael_ Gee

So two goals by Crosby, one by Ovechkin. Not a bad period.

7. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Caps had two defensive brain farts in one 60-second span and it killed them. Looking forward to Saturday, because that's the only game they'll win in this series. Yeah, I'm fucking Eeyore this morning.

Vombatus likes this.
  8. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I feel about the same way. Everyone is focused on the fluke goal with the Rangers. ... but I saw, 1) they weren't playing with enough urgency. 2) They shouldn't have to rely on Lundqvist to be that ridiculously good. I think they are the more skilled team. But unless they play like they want it, and fight for every loose puck. ... well, there are no guarantees. They were probably the better team 5 on 5, but they were lazy at times and took some dumb-as-anything penalties. I am hoping they come out with more urgency on Saturday and that they also play with more discipline.

9. outofplace

You are a Capitals fan. I would imagine that type of thinking comes with the territory.

Given that I am a Penguins fan, but also spent time living near D.C., I know the rivalry well. I also know from what I've seen of the Capitals and last night, this is not going to be an easy series for either team.

10. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

I'm with you this morning.

Congrats to the fucking Penguins on another Cup.

11. Michael_ Gee

I didn't see anything last night to convince me Pens-Caps will be anything but a seven-gamer.

12. outofplace

Very much this.

Draft saved Draft deleted