1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL draft thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by QYFW, Apr 27, 2017.

1. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

I don't think the Bears will go QB at 3, but if they do I'd prefer Watson.

2. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Would like to see Garrett go No. 1. As a sophomore member of the JV/scout team, SonofQuant used to have to block him (or try) during practice. Hmmm ..
    it was around then that SonofQuant got really serious about the cello. I wonder if there was a connection ...

3. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

You will: Myles Garrett will be the Browns pick at No. 1, multiple sources say

4. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

This will be the second really high pick I've had some connection with in the last few years. There was a time when I played golf frequently with Luke Joeckel's grandfather, and I got invited to the family's draft party (not as big a deal as you might think ... they had it on the driving range at our country club and used it as a fundraiser for Joeckel's high school). SonofQuant's alma mater's doing a draft party/fundraiser at a local watering hole tonight, but I think I'll just watch at home ... once that pick is in my interest will drop to zero in a skinny minute.

5. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Didn't make sense that analytics guys would risk taking a guy with only one year to analyze.

6. Tweener

Tweener Well-Known Member

That would be a disaster. Take Adams at 3 and wait on a QB until next year, when the crop will be much stronger.

7. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

That's likely the play.

8. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

9. Steak Snabler

4 picks to trade up for a guy who started one year in college. Go Bears!

Tweener likes this.
  10. Steak Snabler

11. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Good Lawrd, the Bears.

12. Steak Snabler

You were half right. They went QB at 2.

Draft saved Draft deleted