1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Multimedia Journalist | WCHS-TV (Charleston, WV)

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by MiamiBoy, Apr 27, 2017.

1. MiamiBoy

MiamiBoy Active Member

Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!

WCHS/WVAH
    has an exciting opportunity for a Sports Multimedia Journalist (MMJ). Your responsibilities as a Sports MMJ will include reporting, shooting and editing news stories, enterprising story ideas, developing contacts, as well as other responsibilities as assigned.

We're looking for someone with sharp judgment, excellent technical skills and the ability to work well independently. Experience with live shots is required, experience with Live-U is a plus. You will be expected to produce daily content on a variety of platforms including the internet, social networking sites and mobile phones, in addition to television. You must have and maintain a valid license and a good driving record.

Experience:

• A minimum of 1 year reporting experience is required

If you have the required experience and skills, please apply below or visit www.sbgi.net. Please include a web link of your recent work. If you do not have a web link, please apply online and then send a non returnable DVD to:

WCHS/WVAHAttn: News Director1301 Piedmont RoadCharleston, WV 25301
    Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!

2. Justin Cloutier

Justin Cloutier New Member

Hello,

Attached is my resume.

My resume reel can be found at this link:

My blog/writing examples can be found at this link: Blogs

Please let me know if there is anything I can do to make me a front runner for the position, thank you!

Best,
    Justin Cloutier

Attached Files:

3. Waldo9939

Waldo9939 Active Member

3 ... 2 ... 1 ...

Liut and steveu like this.
  4. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Oh my God.

wicked and Liut like this.
  5. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Justin, I didn't hear you express yiyr loyalty to Trump in those clips. Please resubmit if you wish to be considered.

Sincerely,
    Sinclair Broadcast Group

wicked, Liut and HanSenSE like this.
  6. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

PLEASE tell me this is the first time this has happened in the history of SJ because I do not remember anything like this ever going down.
    Bold strategy publicly posting a resume and reel to a message board and, you know, not emailing the person your trying to have hire you.

Liut and SFIND like this.
  7. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

IMG_1366.JPG

Let's see if it pays off.

8. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

Get a better razor.

I realize you are broadcasting to the University, but shouldn't you write without assuming everybody knows the players? You never mentioned 'Harvard' in that highlight. Which team was scoring those goals?

Liut likes this.
  9. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

Yah, that just happened.

And damn, we all forgot to tell him what beer we wanted.

Liut likes this.
  10. studthug12

studthug12 Active Member

Oh, Justin...you need not worry about that....

Liut likes this.
  11. SFIND

SFIND Well-Known Member

I wonder what leads someone to be a social media intern for the Maury Povich show.

Liut likes this.
  12. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

YOU'RE HIRED!!!!!

Liut and Waldo9939 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted