1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/25/opinion/the-flynn-story-isnt-going-away.html

"Mr. Cummings said that the White House is stonewalling committee requests for documents related to Mr. Flynn’s hiring and firing, including records of his phone calls and correspondence. Mr. Chaffetz, amazingly, described the White House as “cooperative.” Sean Spicer, the White House press secretary, later called the committee’s records requests “outlandish” and “ridiculous.” Which can hardly be called cooperative."

2. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Will Flynn sing?

Could be the first thread pullled toward unraveling.

3. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

I'm guessing the same people who think Trump is going down also think it's a good idea Michelle, Chelsea, Malia, and Sasha each serve eight years as president.

4. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

I read the link. Dean was quoted in the article as saying he was frustrated with the amount of effort that it took to get the Episcopal Church to change policy. He then changed to a church with similar beliefs but a more decentralized governance structure where getting a policy changed would be easily accomplished than in the Episcopalian Church, the Congregationalists. He changed for that reason.

5. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

What part of it is not true?

6. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

All will be revealed:

The Trump administration announced Monday plans to impose duties of up to 24% on most Canadian lumber, charging that lumber companies there are subsidized by the government. Canadian lumber makes up about 30% of the U.S. market.

The tax is expected to hike the price of lumber used in home building by an average of 6%, according to the National Association of Home Builders, the trade group for the U.S. industry.

"For builders, it'll increase the cost of construction by about $3,000 on the average home, which unfortunately will be passed on to consumers," said Jerry Howard, CEO of the group.

New home buyers will pay for that new Canadian lumber tariff

7. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Who does this benefit in the US?

8. Machine Head

Play to the base, baby!

9. Machine Head

I have an invasion of Canucks coming my way shortly.

Be staying here, at MHWHQ.

They don't quite understand what's going on in the States.

Over the past few decades I've been able to explain or work through things as they've been, at the time.

President Trump..Mike Flynn..take your pick..this one's gonna be a long night or three.

10. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Flynn won't see Labor Day. The Russians will see to that.

11. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

No one thinks that.

12. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.