1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

You eat and breathe sports? We'd love to have you work here | Douglas, Wyoming

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by SFIND, Apr 18, 2017.

1. SFIND

SFIND Well-Known Member

JournalismJobs.com - Job Listing - You eat and breathe sports? We'd love to have you work here

Are you a talented and energetic Sports Reporter who goes beyond the everyday game story and seeks out the behind-the-scenes, emotional component of the game. We have the career move you are craving. Position available immediately, with competitive salary and advancement opportunities.

Strong sports news and sports feature writing, photography, page design and people skills a definite pluses. Knowledge of social media and desire to promote online reader engagement can put your resume at the top of the pile.

Our sports coverage delves deeper than most; you must be able to bring the topic alive for our readers through in-depth interviews with coaches, players and fans as well as find the unusual angle. We cover three towns/high schools and the big outdoors.

This is a great opportunity for a recent college grad or someone looking to move up to a quality newspaper operation. Full-time, 401K, vacation and holidays paid, health insurance. Send resume, references and clips to Publisher Matt Adelman, Douglas Budget, P.O. Box 109, Douglas, WY 82633; or email publisher@douglas-budget.com

2. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

I only eat sports. I guess I'll have to pass.

3. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

I'm vegan, so eating sports is out of the question. I do like to breathe sports. Actually, it's more like I put them in a sandwich bag and huff them.

4. cisforkoke

cisforkoke Well-Known Member

I'm all about the unusual angle.

5. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Do you eat and breathe shitty editing?

upload_2017-4-18_14-45-43.png

6. sewyopoke

sewyopoke New Member

This used to be my job if anyone is interested in learning more. Shoot me an email at sewyopoke@yahoo.com

7. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Apropos of nothing, Douglas Budget is a great newspaper name.

8. RonClements

RonClements Well-Known Member

It's no Youngstown Vindicator.

9. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

Or Bloomington Pantagraph.

10. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Or Jefferson Jimplecute

11. Ryan Holmgren

Ryan Holmgren Member

Not even the best newspaper name in the state: Laramie Boomerang.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2017
  12. dirtybird

dirtybird Well-Known Member

Breathing sports sounds really unhealthy

Draft saved Draft deleted