1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Things that irk you......

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef2, Apr 20, 2017.

1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Well, that's the root cause. In 1967 our dad bought White Castle hamburgers for our family of four. It took us about four hours and a dozen bathroom stops to drive 100 miles.

Thinking they'd had time to improve, I tried them again in 1997. No good; another two-day attack of the shits.

Somehow or other I deluded myself into thinking things might be better in 2007, so I tried them one more time.

Strike three, you're out. Fuck you, White Castle.

SpeedTchr likes this.
  2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Brussels sprouts are fine. Melt cheese on em amd they're better.

3. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

OMG yes! I detest celebrities, by and large, already. The LAST thing I want to see is some rich-bug fucktard in the stands. Hell, many of them get in for free, while we working-class slobs have to save up to go.

Add to that, the rich-bug snob actors who get to take batting practice with the team because, well, only because they're rich and famous. Fuck them.

Reason No. 3,548 to hate Los Angeles sports teams.

OscarMadison likes this.
  4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Brussels sprouts are awesome when other people are eating 'em.

5. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I had managed to completely evade any knowledge of this twat until someone here started a thread. I'm pretty good at avoiding stuff that I've decided is not worth my time. My ignorance of the Jenner/Kardashians is vast, for example.

6. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Raise your voice so everyone else in line can hear, and then say this:
    "I'm just here to buy a magazine, OK? What's the fucking problem?"

Pick your spots, yes. But all Millennials are fair game.

7. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

And fuck Tommy LaSorda!

8. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

You're motherfucking right, fuck Tommy LaSorda.

I get the "Fletch" reference (my favorite part of any movie I've ever seen).

Went to a Royals game a few years ago with a friend, and got there early to seek autographs. Out of a cab steps Tommy LaSorda (it was an Oakland/Kansas City Athletics tribute day or something, and Tommy thought he was a ballplayer once).

A group of about six guys walk up and ask politely for an autograph. He SCREAMS at us, "NO! I ONLY SIGN FOR KIDS!!!" My friend, trying to break the awkward tension, pipes up, " I was a kid once." But Tommy replies, "I DON'T CARE!!"

I can guaran-fucking-tee you that if cameras were around, that fat-ass, cock-sucking piece of shit would probably have hugged us all with smiles everywhere. But off camera, he is the biggest piece of shit who ever lived.

The biggest phony in pro sports, and the most overrated manager in baseball history (that Dodgers team of the 1970s should have won several world titles). No. 1 most hated sports personality of all time, and it isn't even close. He could have spent five seconds scribbling his name on a card and changed my view of him. Instead, he solidified it.

I hope he gets his fat ass stuck in the gates of hell and has to have help getting pushed through.

Deskgrunt50 and Riptide like this.
  9. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

I'm gonna mark you down as a solid maybe for Tommy's tribute dinner.

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I'd third the Lasorda sentiment - but he's about 92 stories above "irk" level. I never understood why people pretended to like the guy when they knew what a fake he was. I just hated him because he was the Dodgers manager before hearing how different he treated people away from the cameras.
    And I hated him on the Baseball Bunch as well.

11. JC

JC Well-Known Member

He should only sign for kids, why does a grown man want an autograph from Lasorda?

12. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Just for Harley, who probably paid Vlad for the hit:

Draft saved Draft deleted