1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Movies you admit you've never seen.......

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef2, Apr 19, 2017.

1. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

To begin: Grease, Schindler's List, Avatar, Wall-E, Finding Nemo, Thelma and Louise, Rocky Horror Picture Show, Fight Club, Saving Private Ryan, Ghostbusters, Groundhog Day, Braveheart, Forrest Gump, Lord of the Rings and American Graffiti.

2. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

Oh yeah, I left out Rocky Horror and Fight Club. Never seen those either.

3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I think TNT shows it about once a year as a special occasion sort of thing. Kind of like when NBC bought the rights to "It's a Wonderful Life" and now it's only on TV one night a year instead of every night during the Christmas season.

4. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

First time I saw Eraserhead I was probably 12 or 13 years old. My dad took me to a revival house theater to see Tod Browning's Freaks, and it was on a double bill with Eraserhead. We had no idea what Eraserhead was going in. Strange night. (I've seen Eraserhead probably 5 or 6 times and I still don't know what it is.)

It's saying something when you see Freaks and it's not even close to being the strangest film of the night.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  5. SFIND

SFIND Well-Known Member

Another two I haven't seen.

6. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Don't talk about one of them.

Dyno and SFIND like this.
  7. cisforkoke

cisforkoke Well-Known Member

Titanic would have been better if some of the people who boarded had been drug mules and/or Irish independence radicals. There also should have been some explosives on board and maybe a vial of smallpox or two.

8. SFIND

SFIND Well-Known Member

I was going to see Fight Club back when it came out, but someone told me just to read Jekyll and Hyde instead.

Vombatus likes this.
  9. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure "It's a Wonderful Life" is in the public domain. Any station can show it at any time, I believe.

10. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Per Wiki, it was at one time but doesn't seem to be now.

A fun bit of similar trivia on another classic film, however, is that the original "Night of the Living Dead" IS in the public domain. When they released the final version of the original film, they somehow edited out the copyright information. So if you, your grandmother, your nephew's roommate, whoever, want to show the film or use it in anything you can do it without paying royalties. Part of the reason why it shows up in the background of so many other horror movies.

bigpern23 likes this.
  11. cisforkoke

cisforkoke Well-Known Member

Smallpox would have raised the stakes in It's A Wonderful Life, too.

That reminds me. They need to CGI Jimmy Stewart and put together It's A Wonderful Life 2: Back to the Shack.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2017
  12. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Your father took a 12-year-old boy to see a double bill of 'Eraserhead' and 'Freaks'?
    He sounds like the coolest dad of all time.

Draft saved Draft deleted