1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Things that irk you......

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef2, Apr 20, 2017.

1. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Or in a similar vein, people who block the entry to a business or an aisle. It's great you want to visit or check your coupons, just move to the side.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2017
  2. Bronco77

Bronco77 Well-Known Member

The "Cash Me Ousside" teenager, who's getting rich thanks to a combination of sociopathic behavior and functional illiteracy.

3. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

It's nearly impossible to evenly distribute goat cheese in a salad, which invariably leads to several bites with a way too high cheese-to-greens ratio.

OscarMadison and HC like this.
  4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

This is just now starting to piss you off? Hasn't this been "a thing" for about a year?

5. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

If my wife and I ever divorce, I am certain it will be over me exploding about her doing pretty much that. We have been going to church together for close to 30 years. We've been going to our current church for at least 10. Yet every Sunday, we step into the narthex, almost always with someone behind us ... and she comes to a dead stop in full block mode: "Where should we sit?"

SpeedTchr and MTM like this.
  6. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

I go out of my way when I'm out shopping with my kids to make sure neither I nor they are blocking anyone's path. It's not easy.

OscarMadison likes this.
  7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

High school softball teams with their chants.

20 minutes of previews and promos to head to the concessions before the movie begins.

Touchdown, replay, extra point, commercials, touchback on the kickoff, commercials.

Showing celebrities in the stands. I'm not watching their show just because they "coincidentally" are at the same game that their network is televising.

Roman Reigns as a babyface.

Four-hour college football games.

NASCAR drivers thanking their sponsors.

8. Bronco77

Bronco77 Well-Known Member

Please re-read my post carefully. Exactly where did I say it was "just now starting to" be irksome? And even if I had, what's the big deal?

My educated guess is that the majority of things that irk folks here are intermediate- or long-term gripes; this thread (all of five days old) has provided a forum for those. Not sure why you chose to single me out.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2017
  9. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Blame the example set by the POTUS

Also irksome, people who hit the door close button on an elevator in order to save two tenths of a second. Are you heading up to defuse a bomb? No? Then holster your finger, we'll all get there.

swingline likes this.
  10. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

It means there is a difference between a poorly conceived term having a meaning and that poorly conceived term working its way into common use.
    It is a poorly conceived term because it uses terms relevant to existing math principles that have defined meaning and attempts to use them for another meaning.
    It is a bad term, which irks me.

11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Hell, Donald Trump, AKA Fucko, pissed me off in the 1980s. I've been pissed off by White Castle hamburgers for almost 50 years.

And Brussels sprouts. God damn it.

12. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Usually it's the other end that gets irritated by White Castle burgers.

They don't call them sliders for nothin' ... :p

Draft saved Draft deleted