1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Last movie you watched......

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Jenny Jobs, Dec 29, 2008.

1. SFIND

SFIND Well-Known Member

The Hollars. Margo Martindale and Richard Jenkins give performances that at least make it watchable, but the story is full of cliches and has been played out in many other films. Charlie Day and Anna Kendrick are wasted in their roles.

2. cisforkoke

cisforkoke Well-Known Member

I recorded Magnum Force. I figure if I am going to deal with the board vigilantes, I might as well watch a movie about vigilantes.

3. Bradley Guire

Bradley Guire Well-Known Member

Doctor Strange
    I missed this at the theater because of my surgery. I knew it would be a different kind if Marvel movie in a sense, but I didn't expect the story to go the places it went. Then again, I was almost certain we would see another key item to get us to next year's events.

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Bad News Bears last night on MLB. Sucks they have to edit out some of the best stuff (i.e. Tanner's rant). Still a funny and well-made movie.

5. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

"Passengers," on a flight. That was Lawrence Fishburne? I didn't recognize him.

Wasn't much into it, but was too lazy to pick and choose on the flight -- didn't even get to the end, so I had to Wiki it to figure out what happened. Doesn't sound like I missed much.

6. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

"The Finest Hours." Chris Pine plays a Coast Guard skipper who in the early '50s takes a three-man crew to rescue sailors from a ship that broke apart in the Atlantic off Massachusetts (?). True story, OK movie. Good performance by Casey Affleck, which is pretty much the case with him.

Just before that, "London Has Fallen." Gerrard Butler and Aaron Eckhart. Lots of action, lots of dudes being shot. Lots of OK.

7. Watched the Sinatra documentary last night on Netflix. It was all fluff and glow. But Damn, could that man sing.
    Blood on the Mountain on also Netflix. It was good. I could nitpick it, but by and large they were on the money.

Kong Skull Island was fun.
    Boss Baby was ok.
    Logan ... I didn't like it. I actually had to go to to Wiki afterwards to understand Logan's regressed healing factor and Prof X's inability to use his powers, unless he was suffering seizure.

Last edited: May 23, 2017
  8. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

'The Conjuring 2' = didn't like it
    'A Walk Among the Tombstones' = I didn't even finish it. Turned it off and deleted the rest.

9. The Accountant ... Really liked it.
    Kind of slow at points and some it you can see coming, but I liked it anyway. Great action scenes.

10. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

Fuel for your attitude: Just watched "Tapeheads" for the first time.

Love the credits: "People who gave us stuff for free."

I miss the 80s.

11. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

"Colossal" starring Anne Hathaway and Jason Sudeikis. Really cool film about how 30-somethings in upstate New York, battling alcoholism and personality flaws, literally become monsters wreaking havoc — across the world in Seoul, South Korea. It's a preposterous concept, but I rolled with it and enjoyed a unique movie.

Part of "Colossal" is drama, part of it is comedy, and if you've ever lived in a small town, you'll understand the two main characters much better.

I won't spoil the ending, which I enjoyed tremendously. And Hathaway still looks great despite playing a character whose life is a train wreck.

12. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I saw "The Finest Hours" when it was in theaters. Your summary of true story, OK movie was on target. The ships did break apart off Nantucket in Massachusetts.

Draft saved Draft deleted