1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2017 MLB regular season thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by HanSenSE, Apr 1, 2017.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

So it's baseball's version of The Force?

2. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Might want to keep an eye on the Sox-Orioles situation. Pedroia needs an MRI after that collision Friday night, and Machado just had his tower buzzed.

3. JC

JC Well-Known Member

It's the asshats attempt at being funny. Maybe he can add a Michael Bolton reference to really get you laughing hysterically.

4. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

That Machado slide was hardly a collision and Pedroia handled it, and then the Barnes throw at the head, incredibly well. It seems like everyone else is blowing that slide out of proportion

5. I'm afraid Cesar Hernandez is juicing.

I'm afraid neither Neris or Benoit is the long-term answer at closer.

I'm afraid Mackanin's really gonna keep Altherr on the bench when Saunders has been a flop.

I'm afraid Maikel Franco is having his 2003 Pat Burrell year and people are gonna say dump him.

Yet, 9-9 isn't bad for this bunch. I'll take it before the swoon starts.

6. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

It's been around on Monday nights since 1993.

Batman, HanSenSE and cjericho like this.
  7. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

And according to WWE, RAW is WAR!

Baron Scicluna and Batman like this.
  8. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

Everyone knows RAW stands for rules as written - it's when you play a board game with the published rules, and no house rules.

Duh.

Vombatus likes this.
  9. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

The next hot sabrmetric stat will undoubtedly measure a pitcher's effectiveness: Standard Metric Average, Combined K's, Doubles, One-hoppers, Walks and Nubbers — SMACKDOWN, for short.

10. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Best hitter on what's hardly a Murderer's Row hasn't done squat, and they're still .500. Could be much, much worse for a team for which an 80 win season would be real progress.

11. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Phillies were 10-10 en route to 24-17 last season. Plenty of time for them to shit the bed.

12. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Oh, sure. But when a fan such as myself hopes at best for a middling season, a middling start isn't a bad thing at all.

Draft saved Draft deleted