1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2017 NBA playoff thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by poindexter, Apr 16, 2017.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

How many Super Bowls did Schottenheimer win?

2. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

He's won a professional football championship!

[​IMG]

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

4. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

This is going to be a fascinating off-season for the Clippers. Do you blow it up? Does it get blown up for you? Paul, Griffin and Redick are all free agents.

Do you pay Griffin what he is likely to command despite his injury history?

If I'm the GM, I think I try to bring back this team with a different coach. I just don't see them building a better roster than this, and the team should clearly be performing far better than it is.

If I'm the GM of Oklahoma City, I try to get Griffin and Redick, if possible under the cap. Griffin is an OKC guy and may be open to it. The injury history is scary, but the guy can still play and OKC probably needs to take chances on guys. No idea if Redick would be interested, but OKC badly needs a 3 point threat.

5. JC

JC Well-Known Member

30 for 30?

LongTimeListener likes this.
  6. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Only if you throw in video of Sterling's crazy girlfriend with the visor for her face.

7. cisforkoke

cisforkoke Well-Known Member

Three words: Metta World Peace.

8. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Another beauty.

9. cisforkoke

I think it's time to flip the switch with you, Polyester Paul.

10. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

The Clippers have to try to sign Griffin. Paul will be 32 next month. If the Clippers let Blake go who will they get who is as good in the next three-five years which is basically the duration of Paul's career? Players with Griffin's talent simply don't come around that often.

Even if they fire Doc and get a better coach the team stops winning 50 games a season without Blake. The owner has the money to pay the contract and I also think that if the Clips decline in the standings and revenues will drop also.

I think Reddick is someone who is a good third option in an offense. You bring him back unless someone makes an outrageous offer.

11. cisforkoke

If Redick does not return, will someone chronicle his accomplishments?

12. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Grizzlies-Spurs tied at 2.

Draft saved Draft deleted