1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running Tiger Woods thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Aug 13, 2014.

1. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Yep, that's four. C'mon Tiger, you can say the "R" word. It's not the end of the world.

2. cisforkoke

cisforkoke Well-Known Member

3. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Steiney wants you all to stop being so mean to Tiger.

4. BurnsWhenIPee

BurnsWhenIPee Well-Known Member

I see he just announced his first public course design, in of all places Branson, Missouri.

I could see him keeping plenty busy with his foundation, hosting his tournament, maybe expanding into more of the restaurant industry, and just being a father.

5. cisforkoke

cisforkoke Well-Known Member

I'd like to think of him keeping busy in some quiet corner of the universe, never to be heard from again.

6. playthrough

Thanks to Johnny Morris' money, he's got that design job. There's highly unlikely a full-time career for him in designing 18-hole courses, simply not enough are being built anymore and the few that are usually go to Gil Hanse, Coore and Crenshaw or a couple other esteemed architects. The glory days of landing a steady number of design gigs mostly just for your Tour credibility ended with Arnie and Jack.

7. BurnsWhenIPee

BurnsWhenIPee Well-Known Member

Sure, but he can do it as a labor of love/ego and to keep busy. It's not like he needs a full-time career in any way.

It's interesting what Johnny Morris is putting together there. All within a few miles, he has a Nicklaus-designed par-3 course that's open, a Tom Fazio full course that's open (they host a Champions Tour event). Plus a Coore and Crenshaw course set to open by next spring, a Gary Player par-3 course that's about to open, and now the Tiger Woods-designed course that is expected to open in 2019. And Woods will design a par-3 course that will be at a Morris-owned resort near there.

A definite labor of love for a guy who apparently doesn't play much golf, but has about $4 billion to his name and has been pretty smart about the way he spends his money.

8. playthrough

I'd love to visit that place. I used to cover the two-man Champions Tour event when it was in Savannah and was sad to see when it moved out to Johnny's place, but then when I saw it on TV I said, yeah, that made sense. Plus the par-3 part of that format now is great.

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Bass Pro is starting to struggle - as all big boxes are. It'll be really interesting to see if his heirs keep pouring money into Branson as he has. (If you get a chance go eat at Top of the Rock.)

10. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

That perfectly describes what he did to the Perkins waitress.

Waitresses beware!

BurnsWhenIPee likes this.
  11. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

12. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Who looks good in a mugshot?

[​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted