1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Coverage of Dr. Dao, the victim in United Airlines incident

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Fredrick, Apr 12, 2017.

1. Fredrick

Fredrick Well-Known Member

So here's another example. This incident on AA should be covered in its own right as a horrible incident in which a flight attendant makes a woman cry and a passenger steps in to tell the flight attendant off. So in covering the story in its early stages, do we get the name of the passenger who stepped in and quickly find out his past? Whether he has ever been arrested, who he is, etc., or do we just cover the incident for what it is? Do we get the background of the woman with the baby who was almost injured? And finally do we get the background of the aggressive flight attendant and do we report it heavily if we find out any of these 3 individuals has ghosts in their past?? This story probably will have legs for a while since it's American Airlines.

Video shows American Airlines flight attendant challenging passenger to a fight after allegedly hitting woman with stroller

2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Does not!

Riptide likes this.
  3. Fredrick

A popular thread is one in which Fredrick gives his thoughts! That's my take anyway.

4. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday Well-Known Member

Hey Freddy, check out the "More Cuts at ESPN" thread I started. Up to 40 pages now and rolling right along. Give me my propers.

5. Fredrick

If true, you do deserve credit. Doc Holliday is compelling apparently.

6. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday Well-Known Member

Call me a lot of things but you can't call me a liar.

Draft saved Draft deleted