1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Barstool Sports the most valuable media company in the world by 2025?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Sly, Apr 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

One of these guys kick your dog or something? It seems pretty personal. I don't agree with your assessment, for the reasons I've already stated. But yeah, I can see why you wouldn't love everything they do. Their success is appalling? On the list of people whose success is appalling -- and we're talking strictly in sports media -- I don't think they'd rank too high on my list. They got hustle, Portnoy especially.

2. Sly

Sly Active Member

It's not personal, I just don't understand their popularity at all. Figured SJ.com might be a good place to meet up with some like-minded people who value quality over low-brow shlock, but I guess I was wrong.

3. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

It is rare that I agree with Boogie, but if you came here looking for people who think just like you, you came for the wrong reasons and are in the wrong place. He likes Barstool. You don't. End of story.

4. Sly

Sly Active Member

That's fine. I forgot this place had gone to shit anyway.

5. CD Boogie

Dude you hadn't commented here on anything in six years, and then you created a thread solely for the purpose of telling everyone what a cess pool Barstool Sports is. If SJ has gone to shit, add some insight to some other threads. I value plenty of stuff -- high-brow, low-brow, meister brau (not really) -- and like I said, I can get why some of Barstool's stuff irks people. But they have a lot of content, and not all of it is crap.

6. Sly

Sly Active Member

Enjoy being one of their many mouthbreathing fans.

Peace out.

7. CD Boogie

Whatever, ya putz. Sorry they hurt your feelings somehow.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.