1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

There can't be more than three names (Trump. Gannon. Sessions) worth giving Flynn immunity for. Things have changed since Ollie North. People have wised up -- especially the FBI.

2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

3. cisforkoke

cisforkoke Well-Known Member

The third loaf is cracked open.

4. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

SnarkShark, YankeeFan and dixiehack like this.
  5. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

6. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

7. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

There is one name: Trump. They won't make an immunity deal without him having a good story. But if they bring down Flynn, they bring down Trump. It's that simple. Either they can do it without Flynn or they can't. Who knows what they have? Flynn must be sweating them having the goods on him. That letter from his lawyers sure reads like someone who knows the only way to save himself is to hand them the name they really want on a platter.

I have seen this playing out in slow motion since before his inauguration and posted it a few times. Trump is a bullshit artist. He's a dishonest clown. I saw a good chance of him going down in some kind of ethics scandal because he won't be able to help himself. I didn't see it happening in less than 100 days, but he's that big of an idiot. He is such a douchebag, has ALWAYS been a douchebag, and nobody really likes him (even the people who sold their souls to hitch themselves to his fortunes). Even if this Flynn thing isn't it, there will be SOMETHING. The bullshit will go too far, or he will do something that crosses from dishonest to illegal. He can't stop himself.

Ace, lakefront, HanSenSE and 5 others like this.
  8. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Definitely cements my thoughts on Gorsuch. He should not be confirmed until we figure out what the hell is going on.

9. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

10. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

LOL.

11. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

12. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

That's not an answer, unless you're saying might makes right and treason is worth it for my political goals.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.