1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Communications and social media manager, Florida State Golf Association

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by playthrough, Mar 28, 2017.

1. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

2. JohnL

JohnL New Member

This is interesting. I applied to be the communications director here a few years ago. Went in for an interview. Talked to someone for about an hour, thought it went well - and I never heard from them again. And they're still trying to fill the position. Also, this was listed as an "internship" on the website a few weeks ago, and now it's a full-time gig. So proceed with caution.

3. TexasVet

TexasVet Active Member

My first thought, exactly! Then again, is there any sports writing gig that pays what it used to?

4. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

Well, it does say 30-plus based on experience. I agree not overwhelming, but could be worse...

5. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

That's pretty low for the industry, though the FSGA does not produce a magazine so that could have something to do with the lower pay. More of a social media/marketing position, something they've been looking for for some time, per my discussions with some of their staffers back in the fall.

Draft saved Draft deleted