1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Super Bowl LI thread: Now they're coming for you, Rog

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by LongTimeListener, Jan 22, 2017.

1. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Cowboys fans really hated them, too.

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

3. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

I have very mixed feelings about that sort of thing.

He did a wonderful thing, and I'd imagine those men had more fun than they'd had in a long, long while. But why video it and send it to the four corners of the internet? If you want to do a good deed, just do it. When you do things like this, or post pictures on facebook, it seems to me to diminish the reason you did it.

wicked and bigpern23 like this.
  4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I see your point, but maybe the goal is to inspire others to do something? Maybe that is naive, but I'm willing to err on the side of giving that guy the benefit of the doubt.

Guy_Incognito and bigpern23 like this.
  5. cisforkoke

cisforkoke Well-Known Member

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Just when I thought you couldn't do worse than posting "Eh?" over and over and over. Altering people's words with the quote function is kinda lazy to begin with, but your version lowers the bar even further.

7. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I agree with both of you, if that makes any sense.

It's easy to fall prey to the cynical view of this video (and I most certainly did for a bit), but bottom line, I could use more of these videos in my social media feed and less of a lot of other stuff.

8. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

I think both sides have been represented nicely, and I have nothing to add except that I sometimes deal with fundraisers and they always tell me that they hate anonymous gifts because putting your name to it and publicizing your good act has a measurable inspiration / peer pressure effect. It presents a delicate balance with the noble instinct towards humility.

bigpern23 likes this.
  9. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I thought this would be a good way to close up the LI thread ...

10. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Get that fuckin' guy off my Interwebs!

Draft saved Draft deleted