1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

All-purpose, running Geek thread (formerly Battlestar Galactica thread)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Piotr Rasputin, Jan 31, 2007.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Agreed, Killgrave was the best part of the show. Cage works without watching Jessica Jones first, but I think it is better knowing a little about him going in.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

3. outofplace

For the fans of the Marvel Netflix shows, Iron Fist isn't horrible, but it is quite disappointing.

4. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

Three episodes in and I'm kinda bored. Nothing really drawing me back into it. The action sequences are only kinda ok. There isn't really a great character I'm intrigued by. I am mostly curious how a rich kid who has been gone for 15 years would prove to everyone in his family's company that he is actually who he says he is.

5. outofplace

That issue goes on for a while.

6. outofplace

New Spider-Man: Homecoming trailer.

7. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Awesome. My kid loved it.

8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

9. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

10. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Is anyone else watching "The Expanse" on SyFy? I've just found it, and holy shit is it good. Set in the asteroid belt with the solar system colonized, Mars and Earth on the brink of war. Best TV SF I've seen since Firefly.

11. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Jessica Jones is damn good, period. It starts a little slow, but you have to get the foundation laid. Kilgrave is an absolutely outstanding villain, amoral, powerful, twisted, and Tennant is dead perfect for the role. I would agree, do JJ first and then Luke Cage. You don't have to, but it scans better if you do it that way.

edit - (spoiler) Several iterations down the line you might have heard of the character, as she eventually becomes known as Alias.

12. outofplace

Alias was the title of the comic book, but not her character's name. She called her detective agency Alias Investigations.

Draft saved Draft deleted