1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

San Dee-Ay-Go, make that Los An-Gel-Es, Super Chargers?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TigerVols, Dec 7, 2010.

1. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I have to agree. It seems like any talk of the Niners and Raiders sharing Levis was superficial at best. A move out of Nor Cal was the end game all along with how long talk of NFL stadiums in So Cal have gone on. It just so happened with everything we now know with the Rams and Chargers the Raiders weren't moving to LA as first hoped. Vegas now gets a team instead.

2. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I don't ever get the impression that Raiders fans are butt hurt. They have been going through this for 37 plus years. Tons flew down to LA on PSA for a decade. Fans said their goodbyes after the 2015 season, and then acted like nothing happened during last season.

Raiders fans love the Raiders. They don't seem to be caught up with the name in front like most other fans.

LongTimeListener likes this.
  3. cisforkoke

cisforkoke Well-Known Member

By Mennen!

4. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

I think it would be three. It was 27 months from groundbreaking to opening for Levi's and 30 for U.S. Bank. I heard on the radio that the Raiders would play in Levi's in 2019.

5. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Who the heck said that?

6. LongTimeListener

That was definitely the sense I got yesterday.

Attendance will drop, but the diehards will still be there. This is after all a fan base that supports and celebrates the "lighting of the eternal flame" at every home game since Al's death.

7. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

They have nowhere to play in 2019 as of now. I think the article linked here speculated that Levi's was the most likely option, since there's no suitable option in Vegas and they'll likely be unable to get a one year lease on Oakland.

But if the Niners say no, then what?

It will be hilarious if they end up playing one year in St Louis or somewhere equally ridiculous.

8. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

The light an "eternal flame" every home game? LOL. That's fucking awesome.

9. LongTimeListener

Phil Villapiano: (1971-79):

“I’m thinking there is a lot more work to get done before they get out of town. I don’t think the city of Oakland is just going to lay down and let ’em leave. We’ve got a bunch of powerful people out there. It’s almost like Donald Trump-Hillary thing. The silent majority spoke and we got the right person in office. I think the silent majority is going to rise to the top and we’re going to keep the Raiders in Oakland where they are.”

Vegas Raiders: Oakland Raiders legends sound off on NFL owners' vote

10. poindexter

Really? Please list those hotels.

YankeeFan and LongTimeListener like this.
  11. LongTimeListener

Lancey is reading the 1978 brochure.

12. poindexter

I go to Vegas as much as I can. Hotels have never been more expensive and they are killing you with Resort fees and that's even before the Raiders stadium deal.

Draft saved Draft deleted