1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2017 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Rainman, Dec 29, 2016.

1. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Cena is co-hosting the 9 a.m. hour of The Today Show, and he asked Roker to be a special ringside announcer for his match. Roker agreed. I'm assuming that means he'll definitely be there and it's not just a gag, since NBC and WWE are partners on a lot of this stuff.

2. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

But will Roker follow John Cenas house rules?

Tommy_Dreamer likes this.
  3. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Just sent you a message on here.

4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I'm sure Roker will be announcing Miz and Maryse as the winners.

5. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

So where does Balor come in Sunday? Is he tossed into the battle royal? Does he come out to help (hurt?) Seth against Triple H?

6. Baron Scicluna

Maybe he stops Joe from interfering. Or, he comes back at Smarkamania.

7. JimmyHoward33

I don't think we see Balor until Monday.

Can't say that was all that amazing of a go home show. The slow March to Mania continues.

8. Baron Scicluna

I read some IWC comments a couple of weeks ago that theorized that they don't want the wrestlers going full-tilt in the ring because they don't want to risk them getting hurt right before Mania.

I got more hyped up after Raw by watching the WWE 24 episode on Smarkmania. That was fun, with some good scenes of Enzo and Cass preparing for their debut and getting emotional afterward, Maryse preparing to make her comeback, and, while watching her husband's match in the stands, was laughingly trying to shush some fans who were chanting for her, JBL and Cole laughing about the time Brock beat them up and Byron had to do the show himself and the fans bouncing around a beach ball and their reaction to a security guard who confiscated it. That 35 minutes was more fun than 3 hours of the live show.

9. Rainman

Rainman Well-Known Member

Second question for Wrestlemania week. Favorite celebrity that was part of Wrestlemania?

For me, I'll go with Mike Tyson, with Mr. T a close second.

10. Rockbottom

Rockbottom Well-Known Member

Tyson flooring Michaels was the best, without a doubt.

rb

Rainman likes this.
  11. JimmyHoward33

If the stories/feuds were better they could put on a good go home show without a lot of injury risks.

Maybe Smackdown will find a ramp up the old road to Mania.

12. Baron Scicluna

I'll switch them around. Mr. T was incredibly hot at the time, and getting him gave the show immediate buzz. Tyson, although he was coming off the Holyfield debacles, wasn't one of the hottest celebrities in the country. Plus, coming after Rodman in WCW, it wasn't quite as special to have a celebrity joining the heel group.

A third would be Cyndi Lauper. Like T, she gave Mania a lot of buzz.

Rainman likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted