1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I didn't realize he/she was in that

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by outofplace, Jul 26, 2012.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Sounds like fake news to me. I'm fairly familiar with Deadpool's history and I've never heard of a character named Broo.

Here's proof just how much I tuned out the death of Bruce Wayne's parents in Batman V Superman. I didn't even notice that it was Lauren Cohan playing Martha Wayne. That is particularly amusing to a Walking Dead fan with Jeffrey Dean Morgan playing Thomas Wayne in the movie.

2. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

3. outofplace

Oh, now I know who you are talking about. I was thinking of characters who had some history with Deadpool. I should have realized they wouldn't limit their choices that way. Colossus and Negasonic don't really have a history with Deadpool in the comics, either.

That could be very funny. I'm just not sure how you do Broo when you haven't previously introduced his species in the movies.

4. outofplace

Caught a few minutes of the Walking Tall remake from 2004 with Dwayne Johnson and there playing arm candy for the bad guy was Cobie Smulders. Apparently, her character didn't even have a name. IMDB lists her simply as Exotic Beauty.

5. outofplace

Staying with the HIMYM theme, a discussion on the politics thread reminded me that Monica Baccarin played the girl with crazy eyes who dated Marshall right before he got back together with Lilly.

6. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Cobie Smulders was an absolute stunner in the early seasons of HIMYM. I couldn't even tell you the name of the actor who played the lead dude. She was the reason to tune in. Then she went and got married and pregnant off the show and ruined it. Selfish Cobie. Btw, where does that name come from? Smulders sounds like a stage name

7. Bronco77

Bronco77 Well-Known Member

According to her online bio, her father was Dutch and her mother English. Smulders is her actual last name (it does sound as if it could be Dutch), and "Cobie" is short for "Jacoba."

8. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Attractive young lady, but not exotic.

9. outofplace

That was the part that struck me as odd. I would never think of exotic as a word to describe Cobie Smulders.

10. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

I'm watching "The Mary Tyler Moore" show for the first time. Loving it - no idea it was set in a newsroom and that Lou Grant had worked in Detroit at AP and the Freep.

Completely enjoying the guest stars. Many make sense for the time period: chick who played Vera on "Alice," guy who played Rose's boyfriend on "The Golden Girls," the Bounty "quicker picker-upper" lady.

A young Craig T. Nelson is enamored with her on the episode I've got on now.

maumann likes this.
  11. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

I resurrect this thread more than anyone.

Watching "Mr. Mom" for the 287th time, but only now realizing that Christopher Loyd was laid off along with Michael Keaton.

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

The MTM casting department was brilliant with guest stars. You'll find early jobs from Ed Harris, Craig T. Nelson, Dennis Haysbert, Denzel Washington, Michael J. Fox, Mykelti Williamson, Alfre Woodard among others.

Draft saved Draft deleted