1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Things that make you feel old

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by MisterCreosote, Oct 12, 2016.

1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

My oldest nephew turns 18 today. Look out.

2. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Jim Spanarkel.

Remember him from the Duke run in the 70s.

And then saw him this weekend and thought he looked so old, so gray, so worn.

Like me.

3. da man

da man Well-Known Member

That's exactly the guy who prompted this post:

Not that he's the only one -- just the one I happened to see while looking at this thread.

4. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Knowing where you work ... holy fuck!

Michael_ Gee and dixiehack like this.
  5. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

The UConn women's basketball team is among the things making me feel old lately. Katie Lou Samuelson is averaging 20.9 points a game for them. I played club basketball with her dad as a kid.

6. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

My left shoulder injury which seems to have been caused by my new, improved, larger screen iPhone.

7. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Watching Kentucky and realizing Malik Monk and I graduated from the same high school -- more than a quarter-century apart.

8. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Huh shoulder is not what I'd thought you would injure with access to a larger screen ...

Vombatus likes this.
  9. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

He plays hard.

10. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

The teenager who was an inch shorter than me the weekend after Easter was an inch taller than me tonight.

11. da man

da man Well-Known Member

The list of people who I remember as little kids or even babies and are now taller than me is very long.

12. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

I had two heroes growing up when I was between age 5 and 9. One was the next door neighbor boy; the other was the older brother of my best friend. Both were football stars at our high school, both got major college scholarships. Over the past 10 years, I ran into both of them at funerals. I couldn't believe they were both shorter than me, and I'm only 5-9.

Draft saved Draft deleted