1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Another Twitter/journalist car crash

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Alma, Mar 25, 2017.

1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

2. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday Well-Known Member

Dennis Dodd is a piece of shit human being and one of the most unethical sports writers you'll ever meet. That's all I've got to say about that man I secretly aspire to be

3. Old Time Hockey

Old Time Hockey Active Member

Don't beat around the bush. Tell us how you really feel.

Doc Holliday likes this.
  4. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

It's OK to tweet about some kids. Just depends on whom the parents are.

5. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Don't sell yourself short

6. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Is this what we've come to: There's a girl from the Make-A-Wish Foundation shadowing Warriors sideline reporter Ros Gold-Onwude tonight. My first thought was "would anyone dare troll the kid?"

7. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

That struck me as a tweet for other sportswriters, and for those you're much better off posting those here than actually on Twitter.

I know Caraviello a little, not a bad guy by any stretch. But yeah, another Twitter success story.

8. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Yep. Twitter is designed to take apart journalists - regardless of what they say. And journalists are good at eating each other, too.

9. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

Sweet lord, I don't know anybody who didn't die a little every time they saw this jowly little asshole and his parents at event level before a game in Nashville. It was cute the first time he did it. Every game thereafter? Not so much.

10. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

I especially loved the people who would post this on Facebook, Twitter, etc., and say "He does it even better than Kurt Russell." Um, no, he doesn't

studthug12 and OscarMadison like this.
  11. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Twitter may be a cesspool and filled with hidden dangers but it is useful and especially useful for reporters/columnists to build their "brands."

Facebook, to me, is more of a way to communicate with your friends and family.

Though one friend I went to high school with posted recently that she was on Facebook in the doctor's office waiting room.

I guess she people could see her screen and she said she was gland hers was filled pictures of kittens, family and scripture.

I think if I was at the doctor's office and that was my life, it better be Dr. Kevorkian.

Draft saved Draft deleted