1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

It's in Salon, but it's a slatepitch if ever there was one. Humiliating failure is success. Incompetence is genius, etc., etc.

TowelWaver likes this.
  2. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Like stripping 24,000,000 Americans of their health insurance?

3. tapintoamerica

And the act of spreading it tends to cut through the bread.

4. tapintoamerica

I don't know how anybody does the delivery thing. Seems like a massive liability nightmare.

5. cisforkoke

cisforkoke Well-Known Member

6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Yeah, but I just loved "I’d be desperately trying to convince you that some catatonia-inducing policy proposed by President Jeb Bush or President Hillary Clinton was an outrageous scandal."

And there is more than a little truth in "Isn’t chaos and disorder exactly what Trump wants?" He (obviously) does not to have some genius plan to cause the chaos, but riding that wave while spewing tides of fluent bullshit is where he's at his con-man best. The 39% (or maybe the 29% now) eat that up as long as it bothers the libtards.

7. service_gamer

service_gamer Well-Known Member

For sure. It'd be one thing if we didn't have a full dine-in operation, but I couldn't imagine trying to incorporate that headache into our program. There is another small pizza place with like an 18-seat dining room that delivers here in our town. I'd bet anything that they're rolling the dice as far as insuring their drivers.

8. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Pizza delivery drivers have their own insurance. If the restaurant is the least bit smart about it, they keep copies of the insurance card on file and flag it in the computers when it is up for renewal so they get a copy of the new card.

9. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

10. service_gamer

No outing, man! Be cool!

HanSenSE, dixiehack and Big Circus like this.
  11. service_gamer

It's my understanding that in most all cases personal insurance policies have qualifiers that exempt deliveries for compensation from coverage. While the restaurant wouldn't technically be on the hook, they'll be targeted which brings it back to the question of delivering being worthwhile in the first place.

12. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

I think this correct. That is, in a standard personal motor vehicle insurance policy any commercial driving isn't covered. I asked somebody who did the casual Uber driving role and he said Uber covers him when driving for it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.