1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cisforkoke

cisforkoke Well-Known Member

QYFW likes this.
  2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

The "fight for $15.00" is a national issue, and one progressives have been pushing hard.

That a Democratic Mayor, who campaigned on the issue, is not willing to implement it is big news.

It's a great slogan. It gets people fired up. But it would cost jobs. The mayor recognizes this and is using her veto to prevent it.

SnarkShark likes this.
  3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I agree. Doing random man on the street stories is always shooting minnows in a barrel, as anyone in sports who's had to canvass a stadium parking lot or sports bar to hear "the voice of the fan" knows full well. They are no reflection of actual public opinion, so the reporter just tries to collate the silliest responses to avoid death by boredom.

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

5. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

Dems would never win another election if that happened.

Vombatus likes this.
  6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Look over there! Don't look here! Please don't look here....Please don't look at Trump....please..

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Yet another variation on your attempts to justify President Trump's lies, going back to his ridiculous campaign promises.

8. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

If you mean "That's only news in Germany", you're wrong. The fact that the American president is utterly clueless about how NATO works and that Germany does not owe the United States a damn dime, yes, that's news.

If you mean "Is it really news to us on SJ that Trump is utterly clueless about how NATO works, as he is about damn near every other procedure that does not boil down to "Trump said do it, so do it.", no that's not news.

HanSenSE likes this.
  9. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Well, let's wait and see if he mysteriously dies in custody. It might be worth revisiting then.

BTExpress likes this.
  10. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

If I didn't know BTE was a real person, I'd swear he'd been kidnapped and replaced with a Putin bot.

11. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

What is Jif?

12. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

Brutal? Seems honest to me.

HanSenSE likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.