1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your contribution to sjmanity...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Donny in his element, Mar 23, 2017.

1. Bradley Guire

Bradley Guire Well-Known Member

Phil Collins on A1

Otherwise, I stick to talking about pro rasslin and movies.

jlee likes this.
  2. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

I was rooting against him bc I hate feel good stories

3. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

As I recall, it was the RIP Whitney Houston thread that started the whole Phil Collins-A1 debacle.

Vombatus likes this.
  4. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Come on. Everyone watching new Watson was gonna yip the shit out of the putt that could have won it for him. He looked like the proverbial deer in the headlights standing over the ball. Had no chance.

5. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Like a latent plague that's prone to stretches of dormancy... just when you think I'm gone, I keep coming back ????

Buck, Chef2, Dyno and 4 others like this.
  6. Bradley Guire

Bradley Guire Well-Known Member

Yep. That's where I stuck my figurative foot in my mouth.

7. Fly

Fly Well-Known Member

You live up to your screen name...if you're not around, the wheels come off here.

8. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

Stories about life in the North Woods, college hockey, #MACtion and the occasional Poin thread. Trying to play nice in the politics thread, often via over-long expositions on political theory and strategy and useful background information like, last week, the chemical composition of heroin.

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I'm the redneck/hippie.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  10. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

In nearly 14 years of daily interaction with this site, I still have fewer than 3,000 posts. I guess I'm the anti-post-padder.

11. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I have deleted hundreds of posts (no exaggeration) on the jobs boards where someone had a new website and needed content and ... oh, sorry, there's no money available right now but we can offer great exposure! I almost wish I had kept a list.

I'm also an avid participant in gambling/golf/racing threads. And I've managed to never have an avatar photo. Sheer laziness.

12. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

The designation underneath where I should have an avatar but don't says I'm a Well-Known Member.

I like to think I've contributed some good suggestions for reading material on the Books Thread, and that I'm known for thoughtful posting in general.

But alas, I'm apparently seen instead as a homophobic, racist Nazi who loves child molesters, so...

Yeah, not very well-known at all.

Draft saved Draft deleted