1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2017 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Rainman, Dec 29, 2016.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Was that during the nWo angle? I can't recall those two feuding. DDP seemed to become a big deal in WCW toward the end of that feud, when Macho Man had kind of come and gone.

2. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Yeah - IIRC, they feuded as kind of a midcard thing, since Macho Man was in the nWo. He helped to elevate DDP and to make him a credible threat to the nWo.

JRoyal likes this.
  3. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

For me, fave feud for Angle is Austin.
    For Rude, Ultimate Warrior as a kid.
    For DDP, Raven.

The others I've never really watched, oddly enough

4. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

Gotta love that great WCW/TRL crossover with DDP and Raven.

5. Bradley Guire

Bradley Guire Well-Known Member

DDP & friend vs Hogan/Rodman

6. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Can't remember who it was that's been to Mania here or who has ever gone and gotten a ticket package.

What was your process in getting your tickets? I have a friend who says he sent his ticket package to be picked up at the hotel but he hasn't heard anything about them receiving tickets yet etc. So naturally, he's a little worried.

7. Bradley Guire

I did the package last year for Dallas.

I don't recall if there was the option to pick everything up at the hotel. Hopefully everything works out for him. He should have at least gotten an email confirming his specific hotel. The E did that so you could book extra nights before or after if you wanted to stay longer without relocating. It was a separate transaction with the hotel. If he knows where he's staying, he could call and check. If there's a snafu, he's cutting close on figuring out where his tickets are.

If he does know the hotel and they're hedging on saying anything, it may not be an all is lost situation. I recall that a lot of stuff is done week-of as the city prepares for about 100,000 extra people to drop in. Maybe the hotel has them but aren't saying much because they don't have the tickets or they have them but there's a butt load and they're still organizing. The lines to check into the hotel will be a bitch on Friday, so maybe they're prepping right now.

I had everything sent to my home. It showed up exactly one month before the show. A big, fancy, thick paper envelope with a magnet seal contained a paper ticket to every show, even had to have tickets to the two Axxess sessions since you had to pick days/times to go. It also had a wrist band for my Sunday shuttle (since the price included a shuttle from downtown Dallas to Arlington), and an itenerary for the weekend and a seating chart for each of the three arenas for the shows.

Shoot me more questions if you need, and I'll tell you what I remember. Hope this helps.

8. Bradley Guire

http://prowrestlingstories.com/pro-...-a-long-forgotten-territory-still-haunts-wwe/

Although it's a cheap, crappy site, here's a good read on the history of the Southeastern/Continential territory from the late '70s to late '80s, known as the Lost Promotion.

A lot of rasslers worked the territory, which included a Hogan vs Andre match in Dothan, Alabama. Paul E also came in for a time. The Armstrong/Fuller feud is by that account the pinnacle of the territory.

9. polosprt009

polosprt009 New Member

To each their own, but I don't consider ProWrestlingStories.com to be cheap nor crappy. Really enjoyed the article. Thanks for sharing!

10. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Good article. My only criticism is that they didn't mention Mick Foley, who came in at the end of the company's run, and said that it was the territory where he learned how to brawl with the help of Rotten Ron Starr.

Some other articles were cheap and crappy, but I enjoyed the one looking back at a WWF house show riot in Arkansas at the end of 1997. That was right after the Screwjob, and the F was really struggling at that point.

11. Bradley Guire

I mean the layout of the site looked a little cheap and crappy. I don't like reading an article across multiple pages and clicking Continue 4 times.

12. Rainman

Rainman Well-Known Member

Question time. And, since it's Wrestlemania week, those will be the theme of my questions this week.

Rank your top three WM!

Draft saved Draft deleted