1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2017 NCAA Tournament thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by LongTimeListener, Mar 12, 2017.

1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Wisconsin's seniors ... they never lost a tournament game by more than five points, and in three of their losses they led in the final 20 seconds. That hurts.

2. Donny in his element

Donny in his element Well-Known Member

Goddamn. FSU fails to show up and now the Crocs are some bloodsport birds away from the Final Four? I'm on board with consensus; what a shitty tournament.

3. Matt1735

Matt1735 Well-Known Member

I don't know what's wrong with the tournament. Pretty good so far to me...

three_bags_full and Gator like this.
  4. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

That Florida - Wisconsin game....yowsa.

5. Donny in his element

Donny in his element Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 25, 2017
    Gator likes this.
  6. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

7. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Pretty epic end to regulation and even moreso for the end of overtime. Loved the discount double check and the dude pointing right at Rogers. And the presence of mind of the Florida player to stay behind the three-point line was damn sweet, too. I didn't really have a dog in this one because my bracket is all busted to hell, but I did and do have Florida playing in the title game.

8. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I'd be surprised if that was presence of mind at all. I don't think he knew or cared where his feet were, it was all about getting the shot off. Unbelievable play, but I doubt very much that he was intending to shoot a three even in a split-second decision at the end.

“I just knew I had four seconds,” Chiozza said, “and I was trying to get down the court as fast as I could, and if someone was open, I was going to pass it. But I was really trying to get to the rim . . . It was the only shot I had.”

9. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Omigawd, the SEC knobslobbing in my Facebook feed this morning.

"Three teams in the Elite Eight! SEC! SEC!".

10. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Hey I pulled for MTSU, which did NOT come naturally as a guy who grew up in the shadow of Tennessee Tech. Let me have this.

11. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Np. I really don't have a problem with any individual fan's choices. Lord knows that mine has been crapped on often enough.

It's just the herd mentality rolled in with the typical bias around here. I was on a Kevin Scarbinsky post game thread, and like I said, it was groupthink gloat with the pedal floored and the nitrous wide open.

12. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Suddenly the problem comes into focus.

Draft saved Draft deleted