1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

PB&J in the NBA

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by typefitter, Mar 23, 2017.

1. HC

HC Well-Known Member

I tried to post the link .... you can order it from Amazon. :)

2. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Going to Amazon right now.

HC likes this.
  3. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

Peanut Butter. Bananas. Miracle Whip.

The pinnacle sandwich of my childhood.

4. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Your childhood sucked. That is repulsive.

CD Boogie, wicked, Huggy and 2 others like this.
  5. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

No love for the Fluffernutter?

[​IMG]

As I mentioned before, the problem with the PB&J, at least as far as a school lunch goes, is that the bread can't stand up to the jelly, so by lunchtime, it's just as sad, soggy mess.

The Fluffernutter, however, is still as delicious at lunch time, as it was when your mom made it early that morning.

georgealfano likes this.
  6. YankeeFan

Holly crap. The Fluffernutter wikipedia page brought me to a list of regional sandwiches, some of which I was familiar with like the Beef on Weck, the Horseshoe Sandwich, and the Hot Brown.

But, good God, they have something called the Fool's Gold Loaf on the list as a Denver favorite.

It looks like something @mustangj17 would bring to a Super Bowl party, and is described as: A French bread, baked and hollowed out, and filled with a jar of peanut butter, a jar of grape jelly, and a pound of bacon.

Anyone ever had/made one of these behemoths?

[​IMG]

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  7. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

I ate peanut butter and mayonnaise sandwiches as a kid. I liked them at the time. I'm not proud of that fact in hindsight.

8. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

"List of sandwiches" is always a great Wikipedia hole. Open up for a Cheese Dream, YF!
    [​IMG]

9. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Exactly right. I went through a jar of Fluff last summer. I found you definitely want to go the full route and pick up a loaf of Wonder bread too.

10. YankeeFan

There's a fudge recipe that is (or at least was) on the jar that is excellent. Used to make it as a kid.

The internet says it's this: Never Fail Fudge – Welcome to Marshmallow Fluff

11. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

That looks incredible.

12. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted