1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Seeking Sports Reporter | Kingman, Arizona

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by SFIND, Mar 22, 2017.

1. SFIND

SFIND Well-Known Member

JournalismJobs.com - Job Listing - Seeking Sports Reporter

The Kingman Daily Miner, a six-day, Sunday - Friday newspaper located in the northwest region of Arizona is looking for an ambitious reporter for its sports desk.

The qualified candidate will cover high school sports, club sports, and local sports such as Little League, etc. for the Kingman community. This position works closely with the news team to create engaging, meaningful stories for the publications print and digital platforms.

Experience with layout, page design, social media, video production, and photography are needed. Creativity and a passion for adapting newspapers to the changing news media world are preferred as is an interest in the outdoors. The right candidate must be able to professionaly interact with the public. AP writing style is required.

This is a full time position with benefits, 401k, and PTO. Interested candidates please email your cover letter, resume, and work samples to: nthorpe@kdminer.com

2. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Northwest Arizona. Couple of hours away from Las Vegas, an hour or so to Lake Havasu City. Gets a little warm in the summer ... but it's a dry heat.

And don't forget the Andy Devine Days rodeo in September!

3. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Not far from Oatman, Arizona and its free-roaming donkeys. One of my favorite places.

4. Rockbottom

Rockbottom Well-Known Member

My mom lives there, and it truly is in the middle of damn nowhere.

rb

5. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

Well, it isn't 15 minutes from Tahoe, but it IS on Route 66. That's all I've got.

6. avtkrmn

avtkrmn Member

from what i have been told, this job has been filled.

7. cisforkoke

cisforkoke Well-Known Member

I liked to play Miner 2049er.

cjericho likes this.
  8. MiamiBoy

MiamiBoy Active Member

9. avtkrmn

avtkrmn Member

He is a good kid and should do well there. he was a hard worker the 17 months he worked for me

10. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Was that where the Bradys got their car stolen when the went to the Grand Canyon?

Draft saved Draft deleted