1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Yeah, in Massachusetts.

I'm sure there's some district somewhere that isn't tired of the Clintons. But the nation as a whole certainly is.

Fine little piece. I have a feeling I would be in despair if I was a 20something with tens of thousands in college debt while also paying for health insurance, paying for housing, trying to raise a family and trying to save for retirement (while working for a company that in no way helps with this, either with pensions or 401(k) matching).

Peace --- we don't care for it. We crave instability on the other side of the pond because that keeps everybody else struggling and gives us a reason to "go straighten everything out."

[​IMG]

Democracy --- we could really give two shits about it. We want puppets who will do our bidding. Whether those puppets are in repressive Muslim countries like Saudi Arabia, neo-fascist governments like what currently is in Ukraine, or real, honest democracies (Bueller? Bueller?) makes little difference.

Prosperity --- yeah, good luck with that.

U.S. National Debt Clock : Real Time

Last edited: Mar 24, 2017
    poindexter likes this.
  2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

3. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Your move, oop.

YankeeFan likes this.
  4. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

You make spinach pancakes, you don't deserve a place on the national stage.

Big Circus and YankeeFan like this.
  5. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

6. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

7. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

8. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

The guy gave up everything:

Beginning in January 2016, Kraig Moss traveled to 45 rallies, belting out songs in support of Donald Trump and telling the story of his late son, Rob, who died three years ago from a heroin overdose. In this way, the musician earned the title of “the Trump Troubadour,” a true believer said to symbolize “the voice of unheard America.”

He stopped making his mortgage payments and sold the equipment for his construction business to stay on the campaign trail, galvanized by Trump’s promise to help young people — like Moss’s late son — who struggle with drug addiction. Trump, Moss thought, was the candidate most capable of bringing an end to the heroin epidemic sweeping the nation.

Trump made this promise to Moss personally at a rally in Iowa in January 2016. Speaking through a microphone to the crowd, he addressed Moss directly: “The biggest thing we can do in honor of your son … we have to be able to stop it.”

9. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

I think he missed the important part of that statement.

[​IMG]

10. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Trump's going to fix everything in due time. We just have a little cash flow issue until Mexico cuts that check.

11. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

So Ryan is visiting the White House to update the president on the (lack of) progress on rounding up votes for the healthcare bill, which is to say he's begging the president (whose people are already anonymously trashing Ryan and setting him up for the blame) to allow him to call off the vote. This would be amusing if people's lives weren't at stake.

Health care vote, Trump, Russia: Live updates - CNNPolitics.com

Source on Ryan/Trump meeting: "Not good"
    From CNN's Phil Mattingly

Ryan’s visit to the White House is not to deliver good news, according to a GOP source.

The efforts on Capitol Hill to sway members are ongoing, but things aren’t heading in the right direction.

“Not good. Not good at all,” source said.

They’ve had few firm commitments from conservatives and have seen a continued exodus of moderates. This was exactly what House leadership was worried would happen when they changed the bill, the source notes.

Source would not speculate what happens next, but this is “obviously a crucial meeting”

White House Preparing to Blame Ryan If Health Bill Fails, Official Says

Several Trump associates have already laid groundwork to blame the speaker, who butted heads with Trump repeatedly before his election.

“I think Paul Ryan did a major disservice to President Trump, I think the president was extremely courageous in taking on health care and trusted others to come through with a program he could sign off on,” Chris Ruddy, chief executive officer of Newsmax and a long-time friend of Trump’s, said in an interview last week. “The President had confidence Paul Ryan would come up with a good plan and to me, it is disappointing.”

Last edited: Mar 24, 2017
  12. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

“I think Paul Ryan did a major disservice to President Trump, I think the president was extremely courageous in taking on health care and trusted others to come through with a program he could sign off on,” Chris Ruddy, chief executive officer of Newsmax and a long-time friend of Trump’s, said in an interview last week. “The President had confidence Paul Ryan would come up with a good plan and to me, it is disappointing.”

Your daily reminder of just how fucked up we are as a country. THAT guy matters.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.