1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Alcoholic Wife. The breaking point.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by exmediahack, Feb 1, 2017.

1. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Good lord. Two and a half bottles of wine in one night? I'm certainly not down on drinking, but holy shit.

Best of luck to you, ex. You seem like a good dude.

Donny in his element likes this.
  2. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Yes, she did.

Best decision she's made in three years.

Vombatus likes this.
  3. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

Best of luck, ex. You've shown yourself to be a good man through your posts here (and that's a tough thing to say to a jayhawk), and it looks like all your ducks are in a row.

Vombatus likes this.
  4. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Ball's in your court now, and you've got all your time outs.

And as you know, we're here.

Vombatus likes this.
  5. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Ex,

Sending you good vibes from Cali. I'm sorry it has come to this but it sounds like you've prepared yourself well for this day. Don't let her bullshit detract you from doing what is absolutely right for your kids.

We're all thinking about you.

6. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

Try as best as you can to be clinical about this, ex. Smart and rational and calm. Especially when you're up against drunk and crazy. She will use anything she can against you, so no nasty texts, no rage, nothing that looks anything like instability. Judges want kids to go to the stable place. Act the rock, be the rock.

7. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

What he said, ex. High road will be the winning road here.

8. Bronco77

Bronco77 Well-Known Member

Can't offer anything new other than join the others in wishing you luck and thinking of you. It's a cliche, but this hasn't killed you and you will emerge from this ordeal stronger.

9. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

What kind of wine was it last night?

10. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Which reminds me, you need to block her from any and all social media accounts you have. If there are any remotely praiseworthy posts about her, take them down. (My ex didn't do this until after the trial. Boy did she ever looked thrilled on the witness stand reading through all the posts she made about what a good, caring father I was.)

And unless it catches fire, don't spend the night anywhere but your house.

11. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I have nothing to ease that pain. Telling my son was the worst day of my life. Just be strong and let them know you love them and aren't going away. And as tempting as it is, never speak ill of her to your kids.

You can do this. It's going to be ok.

12. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Yeah. I went through it at age 9. Awful day. But I got by it within a week.

Draft saved Draft deleted