1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Most Beautiful Campus in Each State

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Armchair_QB, Mar 23, 2017.

1. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

Ha, I had a bit of a different experience. I wasn't much of a basketball player, thus I had to make my mark by winning the joke award. I think I was between seventh and eighth grade when I went.

I had gone to Space Camp in Alabama the summer before. Basketball camp wasn't my scene, but man, I was the king of Space Camp.

2. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

FWIW:

A woman was having trouble connecting with her husband. Things just hadn't been going well. So, she decided to get a tattoo to show him she was still in love.

He always called her Butter Buns, so she went out and got two "B" tattoos, one on each butt cheek, and was ready and waiting, naked in the shower when he came home from work. Except, just as he walked in the bathroom door, she dropped the soap.

She bent down to pick it up and her husband screamed, "Who THE HELL is BOB?"

Vombatus likes this.
  3. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Princeton is nice, but NJ also has Harvard on the boulevard, AKA New Jersey City State College. Colgate is a nice campus in central NY, but West Point is better. There's a brewery up the road from Colgate and Cooperstown (which also has a good brewery in Ommegang) is a short drive away, but everything else about West Point > Hamilton. Some states like Maine, have several colleges to pick from. Holy Cross is nice, had relatives and friends graduate from there, but Worcester is a bit of a shithole. No offense to the Woo Rats. Would have to say one of the colleges in the Berskshires gets the nod over HC.

4. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

I've never been to Wash U, so I'll take their word for it. U of C is a solid choice for Illinois, but they picked a horrible picture.

5. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

As for Wisconsin, it has a ton of UW schools. You have Madison, Milwaukee, Green Bay and 8 more that play in the WIAC. Some, like Eau Claire and Oshkosh, have 10,000 students.

Yet the state has very few private schools. Marquette, Ripon, Lawrence, St. Norbert's and a few 1,500 student schools.

UW system probably has 200,000 total students I would guess.

6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I'd put Bennington College over Middlebury.

7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Williams beats Holy Cross in Massachusetts.

Gator and Songbird like this.
  8. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

No photos of sorority sisters? FAIL

9. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

university of the south - Google Search

Sewanee is gorgeous even before you look inside the chapels or take into account that it is perched on top of Monteagle Mountain.

Ace and CD Boogie like this.
  10. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Williams is a gorgeous campus. Would have loved to have gone there.

11. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

Wake would be fourth or fifth on my list for North Carolina. I'd put Chapel Hill, Duke, and Davidson ahead of it; maybe Elon or UNC Wilmington.

12. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

It's hard to argue with UVa, but man, Virginia has a lot of beautiful campuses. I loved James Madison, Virginia Tech and Liberty when I passed through them.

Of course, when I passed through Liberty, Sid Bream was playing first base for them.

Draft saved Draft deleted