1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

2. JC

JC Well-Known Member

3. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

No need for an apology. I think the pain killer prescriptions can lead to addictions to worse drugs. But I also think personal responsibility counts for something. I worked with a guy who had back problems after a car accident. He was late 20s and was prescribed pain meds after the accident. Now I don't know what he was feeling, but I know he took the meds and liked the way it made him feel. After the prescription ran out, he started taking some of his grandfather's meds. He ended up getting fired/resigning from his job. Haven't talked to him since we worked together, but I've heard he has gotten worse.

4. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

For the sake of this discussion, let's say Trump "associates" colluded or coordinated or whateverthefuck with Russia during the campaign.

How does that sink Trump, if he denies he had any knowledge of it, and if it can't be proven he did have knowledge of it?

5. Kato

Kato Well-Known Member

It may or may not. However, we're only 2 months and 3 days into his presidency and the circle is getting pretty damn small around him on this issue. Can't get too much more inner before you hit him. Maybe it stops ... but do you really think it does?

6. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

I have no idea. What I do know is that this fucking guy was supposed to be a goner umpteen times before this.

I think he's teflon and he knows it (remember the comment about him shooting someone). His followers don't care and may even be happy his camp colluded with a foreign government, as long as it meant Hillary went down.

7. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

The last few days have convinced me of one thing. Gorsuch should not be confirmed until these investigations are concluded.

Can't have a SCOTUS judge confirmed if this is indeed an illegitimate president.

Ace and Stoney like this.
  8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

His denials are bullshit. End of story.

9. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Yeah. Especially in the face of this overwhelming evidence.

[​IMG]

10. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Let's be honest. What they have is Roger Stone sending private messages over Twitter to Gucifer2.0.

1. We already knew this.

B. Stone didn't work for the campaign.

11. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

Yeah but Hillary ....

Ace likes this.
  12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

See cjericho's post. QYFOS isn't wrong about the overall point. I have attended meetings and seminars about this topic. I have heard it from law enforcement, including the DEA. I've heard it from doctors, too. People get started on Oxy and switch to heroin, which is cheaper to buy illegally.

The problem is he made one ridiculous statement and he has gone beyond doubling down on it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.