1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What podcasts do you listen to?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mizzougrad96, Apr 14, 2010.

1. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Good call on this one -- I download this one as well

2. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Nobody hear can help with my iPod question re: podcasts? How do I make my iPod Classic sort with the oldest podcasts at the top??? I can sort that way in iTunes but on the iPod it's the opposite.

3. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I cannot believe I am just learning about this.
    Work week is at an end, but I will consume mass quantities of this podcast and report back next week after some drive time.

Hermes likes this.
  4. lcjjdnh

lcjjdnh Well-Known Member

Not sure, but maybe you can create a playlist so it will play in your desired order?

HC likes this.
  5. Webster

Missing Richard Simmons ended with a bit of a whimper, but I guess it was fitting that there was no grand reveal.

6. Amy

Amy Well-Known Member

From the people behind Serial and This American Life

S-Town Podcast

All episodes will be available next week.

7. Webster

Hang Up and Listen announced this week that Mike Pesca is leaving. A big loss to a really good show.

8. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

I'm excited about this, since it seems to be more of a return to Serial S1, "let's spotlight an interesting story and mystery!", versus S2, which went for more of a lofty air to me.

9. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

I'm about halfway through it and it's great so far. But like with Serial, if there's no true resolution, I think the ending does fall a bit flat.

I'm also jazzed about S-Town. I've turned into a true crime podcast junkie and now that I feel like I've exhausted all of the Thinking Sideways episodes I'm interested in, I'm now diving into True Crime Garage.

10. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Never heard it, but as Peter Sagal subs go, he's mediocre. Better than Jessie Klein, Tom Hanks was better than I would have guessed, but all are a huge step backwards from Sagal.

11. Webster

I'm a sporadic listener, but agree that Sagal is way better (and, on a completely irrelevant tangent, he is also my Rabbi's brother).

The one time that I heard Pesca guest hosting, he was trying too hard to prove how witty he was.

12. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Cool. Guest sermon?
    You don't realize how good he is until someone else tries to do it.

Draft saved Draft deleted