1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Big Ball Theory

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Mar 14, 2017.

1. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Sigh. I see it. But such is the world. Assholes are in the news daily. Assholes makes news.

Tiger Woods is a spectacular, documented asshole hawking a book because he can't play golf well any more. He wasn't all over TV a few days ago because he's among the world's great people. SVP, who's now going to boycott mentioning Father Ball because he's "insufferable," didn't practically genuflect in a Woods interview a few days ago because of Woods' humanity and generosity.

The tide only turned against Father Ball when he dared poke Jordan and LeBron. Not because they're great people, but because that offends the sensibility of celebrity fawners who work in national media. Just like Jon Stewart, who can be a prick to any old politician, turned schoolgirl in the presence of Tom Cruise, who benefits from documented servant labor through his church.

Father Ball is uniquely singled out for being an asshole not because he's uniquely an asshole, but because he aimed at basketball royalty.

2. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Charles Barkley might be the asshole to end them all. And whose opinion is coveted on TV? His.

3. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

That is beautiful.

4. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

They beat Purdue, too.

5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

And they ran until they couldn't eat supper.

6. cisforkoke

cisforkoke Well-Known Member

My left ball has been itchy. Maybe I need to apply some hydrocortisone.

7. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Left Ball.
    That's the name of the kid no one talks about.

8. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

I love the quotes about the coach. If only Left Ball hadn't run off last year's coach that won the national title there wouldn't be this issue of sitting at home for the state final.

Oh, and Bishop Montgomery is pretty damn good.

9. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I'm going to go ahead and guess that losing Lonzo Ball might have had an impact there, too.

dixiehack likes this.
  10. cisforkoke

cisforkoke Well-Known Member

Just imagine when long-lost brother Harry shows up.

11. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Shoot, they have two guys who are better than him, right?

If you have two HS players who are better than Lonzo Ball, losing shouldn't even be possible.

12. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Cousin Blue Ball is transferring in next year, too.

Draft saved Draft deleted