1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

We need more journalists to explain sacrifice.

2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

HanSenSE and Ace like this.
  3. Neutral Corner

Kansas shooting victim's wife asks the question in every immigrant's mind - CNN.com

"She ends it with "the question that is in every immigrant's mind, DO WE BELONG HERE?
    Is this the same country we dreamed of and is it still secure to raise our families and children here?"

You want to feature a widow at your fucking speech and use her to sent a message, Trump? You picked the wrong woman. A SEAL's wife knows that he could die in training or on a mission on any given day. He knew that higher command sometimes screws the pooch and sets up fucked up missions, or uses bad intel.

This woman's husband stopped for a drink with a friend on the way home from work in a bar where he was a regular. Because he had brown skin and an accent some ignorant peckerhead shot him because all furriners are here to steal jobs and commit terrorism, especially the sand n******.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2017
    Ace likes this.
  4. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

I have a higher bar, as well. But he did actually look more presidential this time, so it's not bullshit. It's reality.

Maybe he sinks right back into his childish nonsense. I hope he doesn't.

Seems like the liberal wing would rather he continue to be a dumpster fire, so they can continue to bitch about that.

QYFW likes this.
  5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Nothing to get all burned up about

[​IMG]

6. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

I want the end result of this to be him and his dumbshit army to be shamed back into silence and/or irrelevance. No more, no less.

I'm not going to celebrate him for last night as if two hours of being a normal, slightly delusional adult makes up for 40-plus years of insufferable douchebaggery.

The praise for him this morning reminds me of the old Chris Rock bit:

"I take care of my kids!"

"So what? You're supposed to take care of your kids, you dumb motherfucker!"

7. Neutral Corner

It's more that there is no trust that this time he's learned his lesson, grown up, determined to discipline himself and to act presidential. How many times has he said or done things that no one thought he could possibly get away with as a candidate? How many times have we said "Surely, after surviving that one, he's got to stop saying stupid and ill-considered things"? Hell, the Republicans were hoping desperately that after the election he would set aside crazy candidate Trump and don the mantle of Commander in Chief, and instead we got an ongoing tweetstorm about the crowd on the mall for his inauguration and how the only way that Hillary got more popular votes was because of millions of illegal ballots? I mean, surely it couldn't be because she got a shitpot of votes in New York and California, right?

He's *going* to be the President of the United States. Sure, there are those who would love to see continuing pratfalls for political reasons, but the vast majority of us intend to live here and would greatly prefer something resembling competence and effective governance of our country. This guy makes us long for the good old days under Bush and Cheney, and I'm not sure I have the rhetoric to improve on that.

Compare that last sentence to the fact that I still have this picture, and consider the implications.

[​IMG]

8. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I don't see why Trump should get credit for using a quieter voice to say he's going to create a government department of propaganda to demonize immigrants. That's some seriously Fascist shit right there. But so much of the Washington media routine is based on sucking up to power I'm not too surprised he got the credit.

Ace likes this.
  9. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

that quote from Baldwin is a bit extreme and overarching. People who are sentimental are actually cruel at heart? Hmm. Most people I know who are weepy about wedding videos or looking at old photo albums are the furthest things from cruel or violently inhuman. I guess he's referring more to people who are showy about it.

Donny in his element likes this.
  10. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

#widowsareevil

11. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.