1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

2. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I couldn't be certain.

3. Inky_Wretch

4. Inky_Wretch

5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

It's so easy! A 10% tariff across the board!

Where did you come up with 10%?
    Oh yeah, pulled it out of your ass like all your other "ideas."

A fucking idiot.

6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Ace likes this.
  7. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Nope, we need an EPA to try to force solar energy and electric cars on a country that doesn't demand them (because they make no economic sense), and extract huge fees from companies that find it impossible to navigate a labrynth of bureaucratic regulation, many of which when they weren't created to benefit someone at the expense of someone else (with some politician getting a hefty campaign contribution in return), are just nonsensical from any common sense standpoint. But crony capitalism is what the EPA is about. It isn't about being some cosmic force of good that prevents environmental disasters, as much as that is always the conversation it turns into.

The EPA does way more harm to our lifestyles than any good it possibly can do. And even if you JUST want to look at what you deem their "good works," no, to answer your question, an appointed administrator who puts in place rules and regulations (many downright arbitrary) is NOT the only way to stop people from harming each other. In fact, as time has now proven, it is a downright stupid way to go about it.

QYFW likes this.
  8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Are you being sarcastic or quoting the average American motorist?

dixiehack likes this.
  9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

We should be entitled to our lifestyles, no matter what.

10. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

Do you agree we need some sort of agency to deal with environmental issues, or do you think we can trust the free market to regulate itself?

11. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Oh, totally serious. I'm a goddamned job creator, Goddamit. I've created auto worker jobs and mechanics jobs and insurance agent jobs. And when I crash into your sorry ass I'll create claims adjuster and body shop jobs. I should actually not only not have any fucking traffic laws, I should get a waiver on sales and gas tax as well as an interest free car loan.

Ace likes this.
  12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

You only created insurance agent jobs because yours got fired for costing the company so many payouts. Otherwise, good job.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.