1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

La La La: An Oscars thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by KJIM, Jan 24, 2017.

1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I found it interesting that PWC threw the lady accountant under the bus as well. Every word of that press release apology was carefully constructed. She is in hot water as well

2. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

Yep. That rich, famous, straight white dude sure needs your defense. God's work.

Stoney likes this.
  3. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

You work your corner -- the nonces -- and I'll work mine.

4. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I smell a freedom fighter.

TyWebb likes this.
  5. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

Boogie, I'd hate to alarm you, but there's another rich, famous, straight white dude being lambasted on the Politics thread. Better get over there!

6. Amy

Amy Well-Known Member

Last month my (soon to be former) employer signed a contract with PwC to do all its tax work. Granted, it will be done by former company employees, but I imagine a few people are having nightmares about that envelope, anyway.

7. poindexter

There were thousands of talented, hardworking Arthur Andersen employees and partners all around the world whose jobs went poof! because of one fucked up audit team in Houston, Texas.

8. CD Boogie

I wouldn't want to invade Yankee Fan's territory

9. poindexter

My friend reminds me that the soon-to-be fired partner didn't have Academy approval for social media backstage.
    Jesus, what a monumental fuck up.

Check out his twitter feed. He was living the good life.
    Brian Cullinan (@briancullinan_) | Twitter

10. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

Another rich, famous (he thinks), straight (assumedly), white dude who could use a defense. I know just the guy ...

11. CD Boogie

Naw, fuck that guy. I only defend the defensible. This starfucker is getting his rightfully due karma

12. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Lives in Malibu. Patriots fan.

Draft saved Draft deleted